argh... it's doing my head in!

ogryn

I usually enjoy trip planning, but this time it is really getting to me. This is the first time that I have had to pay to go for myself and I really need to get down below the £1000each mark. I have already had to sacrifice Disney Days, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Rest Days (normally we go for 14 nights, I'm can only afford 7 or 8).

So, me and my girlfriend (who is jobless at the moment), and one of my friends and his mate. The trouble is getting my friend to book anything yet (the number of available flights are droping like flies now), because he is a mad Oasis fan and wants to see them in the US, but they haven't announced a tour over there yet (and aren't even sure if the album will be out by September [the latest I can go]). But if we do book something, and then they announce he will be gutted.

Then I have my g/f who just wants to go anywhen, as long as we go, so I have a sort of conflict of interests between my friend and my girlfriend, and then me who just wants to go back to the world. :(

I have to pick either Disney only (onsite) or Disney/Universal (offsite) which work out around the same price (still around £1000 each)

**7 Nights All-Star
#Disney Pass
#Return Transfer from Airport

or

** 7 Nights Holiday Inn I-Drive [approx £700]
#5 Day Disney Pass [£175]
#2 Day Universal Pass [£65]
#Return Transfer From Airport [£28]

I can't afford a rental car($20pd under25 charge is stupid, grr), so any other hotel considerations have to have a transfer to Universal AND Disney.

Ideally I would like to get it down to around £700-£800 each.

ooo, me head :lookaroun :cry:

NickS

I feel for you! If you're watching the pennies, I can't imagine a more difficult place to go than Disney, although here is the right place to ask for tips. Also check out www.disboards.com - a whole board is dedicated to budgeting.

I guess you've looked at Bob Sehlinger's Unofficial guide? He has a lot of budgeting tips, especially on hotels. Also have a look at www.mousesavers.com.

On the Oasis front - I am big fan too! But I would be shocked if they will be touring the US in September. According to the BBC that's when the album will come out. After the album is out they won't start touring for a few weeks. Most likely, they'll start in England, move to Europe and then onto the US. A US tour isn't even definite seeing as they are not so popular there anymore and seem to be cutting back on touring in their old age.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

mad_mark

Give virgin holidays a try. For 7 nights at the Disney allstar resort with the ulitmate park hooper included and car hire in september is £1029, if you can go in June its £989. If you can wait until November its £829.

Check out some of the shopping channels on Sky or teletext. If you can go out of season and don't mind who you fly with you should be able to get two weeks for less than £1000 each.

Best of luck:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ogryn

Original Poster
Originally posted by NickS
I feel for you! If you're watching the pennies, I can't imagine a more difficult place to go than Disney, although here is the right place to ask for tips. Also check out www.disboards.com - a whole board is dedicated to budgeting.

I guess you've looked at Bob Sehlinger's Unofficial guide? He has a lot of budgeting tips, especially on hotels. Also have a look at www.mousesavers.com.

On the Oasis front - I am big fan too! But I would be shocked if they will be touring the US in September. According to the BBC that's when the album will come out. After the album is out they won't start touring for a few weeks. Most likely, they'll start in England, move to Europe and then onto the US. A US tour isn't even definite seeing as they are not so popular there anymore and seem to be cutting back on touring in their old age.

Good luck!

I can't see them touring by then either. He is hoping for a pre-album tour, but I wouldn't have thought they would do that in the US. They aren't even playing new songs at Glasto this year.

Who's Bob Sehlinger? :)

The most expensive thing for me it seems will be the return flights. Virgin want £1000 each for flights, so it seems cheaper to book a package with a cheaper comany that flies into Sanford.

Upvote 0

ogryn

Original Poster
Originally posted by mad_mark
Give virgin holidays a try. For 7 nights at the Disney allstar resort with the ulitmate park hooper included and car hire in september is £1029, if you can go in June its £989. If you can wait until November its £829.

Check out some of the shopping channels on Sky or teletext. If you can go out of season and don't mind who you fly with you should be able to get two weeks for less than £1000 each.

Best of luck:sohappy:

Really, Virgin Holidays always seem the most expensive? Unfortunately, the best time to go would be from August 23rd, or 1st September.

Upvote 0

djmatthews

What dates are you looking at realistically to go?

Have you looked at Expedia, I book our recent trip on there, you cannot fault them, the holiday ran so smootly. To keep your fare down, consider changing at a US airport.

Also do you want two rooms, or share 1?

Upvote 0

ogryn

Original Poster
oh yeah. My g/f will only be 17 at the time of travel. Does anyone know if she'll need written parental permission to enter the country?

DJMatthews - You're right, there are some good deals on expedia.co.uk, thanks! :wave: (The sort of prices I was thinking of)

Why oh why do resorts, only offer shuttles to Universal/Wet n Wild/Sea World or Disney

Upvote 0

djmatthews

OK, so if you wanted to go in September:

1st-15th Septtember
1 Room for 14 Nights Disney's POP Century (Dream Maker Package so includes the Ultimate Park Hopper)
Flights from London Gatwick - Orlando Int. changing at Dallas.
For 4 People

Accomadation & Disney Ticket £1625 (Disney.com)
Flight £1931 (Expedia)
Total £3556
Price Per Person £889

Upvote 0

ogryn

Original Poster
Originally posted by djmatthews
OK, so if you wanted to go in September:

1st-15th Septtember
1 Room for 14 Nights Disney's POP Century (Dream Maker Package so includes the Ultimate Park Hopper)
Flights from London Gatwick - Orlando Int. changing at Dallas.
For 4 People

Accomadation & Disney Ticket £1625 (Disney.com)
Flight £1931 (Expedia)
Total £3556
Price Per Person £889

mmm, that sounds good. :D I've never had to change flights before, what do you do?

Upvote 0

djmatthews

Originally posted by ogryn
mmm, that sounds good. :D I've never had to change flights before, what do you do?

One of the reasons I quoted this is a) the cheapest b) I've done it.

Check-in at Gatwick like any flight. Fly to Dallas, disembark, clear customs, collect your bag, carry it round a corner, and give it straight back to the staff there, no waiting in line or paperwork. Wait at Dallas for a while, look at the shops, restaurants etc. Board your flight to Orlando. Upon arrival get the monorail from the gate to the terminal, as you have cleared US Customs, collect your bag and head to the magic!

On the way back, your bag will be checked through from Orlando to London, and there is no customs clearance in Dallas.

Any other questions or help, I'll gladly assist.

Upvote 0

NickS

Don't try to book with Virgin direct - VERY expensive. Have a look at www.trailfinders.com - I got flights for 479 squid each!

If you put each part of the holiday together yourself you can do it much cheaper than a package.

An Oasis pre-album tour of the US? As I say I'm not sure they'll tour at all. And whose to say even if they do they will go through Orlando on dates that are convenient? Then will you be able to get tickets? And will Liam or Noel have a strop and not turn up? I think your mate just has to be realistic if its really causing probs with your holiday. And this is coming from a BIG oasis fan!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom