AreoSmith's RRC !!!!!!!!!! Help

the ceo at wdw

Original Poster
How does the audio system on the trains of RRC work ? CD? Digital? Casstette? How does it play the songs 4 million times a day? Let me know if u know leave a comment of suggestion ok thanx

Laterz

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by the ceo at wdw
How does the audio system on the trains of RRC work ? CD? Digital? Casstette? How does it play the songs 4 million times a day? Let me know if u know leave a comment of suggestion ok thanx

Laterz

A real long 8-track.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by the ceo at wdw

Laterz

RnR audio track is streamed from a Solid State Digital memory pack, such as a Compact Flash Card that you see in MP3 players, Digital Cameras. This makes it shock resistant, and avoids any skips in the audio track. It also means it will never wear out. In the back of each train is essentially a laptop PC, that reads the audio from the Flash card, and shyncronises to portions of the ride. The sync details are received by the train as it passes certain points on the track.

The train charges itself up when it arrives at load station. It uses huge capicitors, rather than batteries, and has just enough juice to play track once before it needs to recharge.

In each seat there are 5 speakers. Subwoofer under your seat, 2 midbass just below your head, and 2 tweeters near your ears. The speakers are driven by an automotive type amplifier.
The back of the seat servers as a speaker enclosure, it has all kinds of acoustic design properties to help deliver great audio.

The system was first developed for Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris.

Hope that helps!

Tapestry2000

They also play a lot of different songs too - one time I went on it, "Dude Looks Like A Lady" was playing. Another time it was "Love In An Elevator". There has to be more songs - can anyone think of the songs they heard on RnRC?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here's the list :)

1. 9 Lives

2. Sweet Emotion

3. Back in the Saddle and Dude Looks Like a Lady

4. Love in an Elevator and Walk This Way

5. Young , F.I.N.E and "Love In A Roller Coaster" ("Love In An Elevator")

PLUS the reserve audio track that can be used on any car in the event of a failure.

6. What Kind of Love are You On?"

MrPromey

Steve, I don't suppose you could elaborate on what the "what kind of love are you on" track says. RR is one of the few rides that I've never gotten 'stuck' on so I've never heard that one.

woofboy111

Originally posted by MrPromey
Steve, I don't suppose you could elaborate on what the "what kind of love are you on" track says. RR is one of the few rides that I've never gotten 'stuck' on so I've never heard that one.

Well, I have gotten stuck at the launch and the music kept on playing. We started moving right when the song was about to end, and no other music came on. All I have to say is that for an indoor roller coaster, it is extreamly quiet, and it also feels a lot smother when no music is playing!

Sheri

Ewww that sux! Like, one of the reasons they call it RnRCoaster STARRING AEROSMITH is because it plays some songs BY aerosmith (Sorry if I'm spelling it wrong), along with the preshow thing. Itz a great ride tho!

woofboy111

I personally thought it was kind of cool. It wasn't the first time I rode it (probabaly the sixth time that night), so I didn't really mind not having the music. Another thing I would love on that ride would be to ride it with the lights on. I got very close once, but not quite. I got on the last ride of the day (the train when all of the employees ride after there is no line what so ever. Waiting inside of the line untill the park closes works.) and all of the cast members were talking to us, and we were asking questions (this is during the preshow). Then one of them says how great it is with the sound off (experinced this by chance a few times later...what I wrote in the post) and how it's also cool with the lights on. Then, thats when I started asking If we could ride with the lights on. (one other person on the train, besides from us and the cast members) They kept on saying no, and the one who told us must have felt guilty and she pressed some control to somehow get the lights on for us. We go around the corner and before we launch, we wait about 15 minutes. They start playing the "this ride will be moving momentarly" recording and the maitence people come in. They then turn on the lights and the whole place gets lit up. You could see perfectly down the tunnel into the first loop and the CM who did it for us came over and told us that we may ride it with the lights. Then suddenly, the lights go out and we start moving.

After this time, I tried again everytime we went and the CMs got to know us, and they would always try, but the person in the control room always said no.

I guess I'll have to try again when I get my annual pass to disney again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom