Are you ODP?

KCheatle

Okay..I'm admittedly a little OCD. So far, my obsessive nature has served me well in my professional life. But, it drives my husband crazy because it spills into other areas of my life; particularly Disney. In fact, I should just re-name it to "ODP" (Obsessive Disney Planning)!

This past week I started feeling antsy about what my kids would wear (mind you...our trip isn't until September!). So, I started looking online and was about to purchase like an entire Disney wardrobe for my daughter when I forced myself to "x" out of the webpage because I knew my DH would kill me if I got clothes for her with 159 days until our trip.

BUT!!! This weekend we went to get rain jackets for our kids, and guess who went a little ODP! My DH!! He kept saying "you know...these shorts would be really comfy at Disney for Elly" and "this is a great Disney Swimsuit for Emmett!" Maybe I've rubbed off on him?

Do you think you could diagnose yourself as ODP? And, if so, in any particular area of Disney Planning (resort selection, dining, etc.) or are you ODP with all of it?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was at a Disney Store outlet in N. IL a few weeks back, it is mostly cast offs from Disneyland. As I was looking at some Tee's I started talking with a younger Mom of small kids heading to Disneyland at Christmas 2013.
She was picking out Tee's for her family of 4, color coordinating shirts for the family for the entire 8 day trip, so the family would look good in all the pictures. I was both impressed with her and a tad concerned because she was on a mission.:eek:

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Shelia, my girls are almost 8 and 4 and my boys are 9 and almost 3. Around Christmas my 8 going on 18 years old decided she was over baby clothes and now only wants Justice. Etsy has some hip rhinestone designed WDW s that are so stylish. We are doing tank style tops 4 year old has Ariel that is just beautiful will pair with a purple short/skirt. The 8 year old choose a pirate Mickey tank that we will pair with red skort. I am thinking of getting one for me too. I don't wear Disney wear much, but do have a vintage Micky tee from the 70's I have rocked a few times in and out of parks. I love fashion and clothes and probably dress up a bit more in the parks than the average guests, (though i am very comfortable in the parks). I am pregnant so am hesitant to order but might for next trip. I have very girly girls that like to accessorize and have sparkly clothes. My cousins Daughter is happy in a Disney store tee and shorts and does look so cute, but my girls want the BLING! Love the black tank with a Mickey head in rhinestones, will look great on a tee with a denim short or skirt.
How old is your DD? I am dreading the next few years with my girls, 1st a communion Dress shopping was stressful to say the least, I kept thinking how bad prom would be! Thank Goodenss they wear uniforms to school;)

Upvote 0

KCheatle

Original Poster
Shelia, my girls are almost 8 and 4 and my boys are 9 and almost 3. Around Christmas my 8 going on 18 years old decided she was over baby clothes and now only wants Justice. Etsy has some hip rhinestone designed WDW s that are so stylish. We are doing tank style tops 4 year old has Ariel that is just beautiful will pair with a purple short/skirt. The 8 year old choose a pirate Mickey tank that we will pair with red skort. I am thinking of getting one for me too. I don't wear Disney wear much, but do have a vintage Micky tee from the 70's I have rocked a few times in and out of parks. I love fashion and clothes and probably dress up a bit more in the parks than the average guests, (though i am very comfortable in the parks). I am pregnant so am hesitant to order but might for next trip. I have very girly girls that like to accessorize and have sparkly clothes. My cousins Daughter is happy in a Disney store tee and shorts and does look so cute, but my girls want the BLING! Love the black tank with a Mickey head in rhinestones, will look great on a tee with a denim short or skirt.
How old is your DD? I am dreading the next few years with my girls, 1st a communion Dress shopping was stressful to say the least, I kept thinking how bad prom would be! Thank Goodenss they wear uniforms to school;)

My daughter is the same way about Justice!! What shops on Etsy do you use?

Upvote 0

Cindee75

I am for sure ODP - I too have a DH how will not talk the Disney talk with me all the time but appreciates my planning. I found out he is looking forward to our trip (even when he pretends not to be) when some people at work gave him a card that said, "SO when do We go to Disney?" My reply to my find, "Caught you - don't pretend that you're not as excited as me." His response, "Well maybe.":) Happy Me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom