Are you known as 'the person who goes to Disney'?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Just curious as to whether people know you as the person who goes to Disney? I don't bore people with my love for Disney World, however I'm aware at work I'm kind of known as the guy who goes to Disney every year. I think with my wife and I being in our forties and not having any kids, that behind my back one or two think we're a bit odd going to Disney each year to be honest. It doesn't really bother me as we love going and don't do it to impress other people, sometimes though I do get the questions "Isn't it just for kids" or "Why do the same thing every year".

Anyway I don't mind being 'the guy who goes to Disney' but just wondered what people's perception is of you for being that person?

disney4life2008

As a male Wdw fanatic, I get lots of negative feedback from people who dont understand my love for it. Everyone in my circle and family knows, and every time I book a trip, they always say why there again? Where i come from, wdw is associated with families, children, relationships, or women. It doesn't help that i travel solo. But i am the resident expert in central Illinois, lol.

Obi

I try to go as often as I can. Got some of those questions before, but I just tell people that it's not just for kids and that I'm also young at heart.

thankfully, I have a boss that loves to go to wdw too. We can get our Disney fix, in between trips, by talking to each other about wdw and the trips we had and our upcoming trips.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yup!
My co-workers always give me weird looks when they find out I'm going back to Disney. They have made comments like "Normally people without kids don't go to Disney at all and YOU go every year, that's weird!" or "Oh no! I'm going to tell Mickey on you." followed by laughing in my face about me liking Disney.

:mad:

It does annoy me a little but whatever I enjoy Disney and that's all that matters. *pixie dust*

wendysue

As a male Wdw fanatic, I get lots of negative feedback from people who dont understand my love for it. Everyone in my circle and family knows, and every time I book a trip, they always say why there again? Where i come from, wdw is associated with families, children, relationships, or women. It doesn't help that i travel solo. But i am the resident expert in central Illinois, lol.

Then I must be the resident expert from "northern Illinois".:rolleyes: We too, have gone many times with no kids. The last time we went, in January, we didn't even tell anyone we were going. No one even knew we were gone....until we got a nasty snowstorm and had to call my sister to go to our house and check things and "please shovel, I'll owe you"....:D

LucyK

I'm known to my co-workers as 'The Disney Girl" AKA the girl who will plan your trip for free and give you a .doc document as good as any book you can buy. Not even kidding, some dude from another floor of the building I work stopped me today on my way to the elevators shouting 'hey, Disney Girl' and proceeded to say exactly that to me.

I don't mind really, I like helping people with their vacation, it's a way to pass the time till the next trip.

And yes, I sent him an email with the Word document! :hilarious:

zurgandfriend

Yup!
My co-workers always give me weird looks when they find out I'm going back to Disney. They have made comments like "Normally people without kids don't go to Disney at all and YOU go every year, that's weird!" or "Oh no! I'm going to tell Mickey on you." followed by laughing in my face about me liking Disney.

:mad:

It does annoy me a little but whatever I enjoy Disney and that's all that matters. *pixie dust*

I get the same thing in my office, but it's funny how when someone is planning a trip I'm the one they come to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom