Are you allowed to paint in the park??

DisneyFan4LlFE

I am an artist (well not a famous one) and I always wanted to paint in the park. Like do a painting of the amazing castle or the landscapes in Epcot ect. do you know if this is allowed? I would love to spend a late afternoon painting in the environment of disney! Just wondering :)

tigsmom

Yes you can, but you must not obstruct the flow of people or block any walkways, etc. I've seen people sitting sketching in the parks before a few times.

Upvote 0

Rabflmom

sketch, yes, paint, no. And keep in mind, all of our icons are property of TWDC, so you may not sell these.

Do you have to get permission in writing from the Disney company to even sketch in the park? I know our school was almost sued after a picture was in the paper showing a child in the nurses office because there was a painting of a Disney character on the wall-done without permission.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Do you have to get permission in writing from the Disney company to even sketch in the park? I know our school was almost sued after a picture was in the paper showing a child in the nurses office because there was a painting of a Disney character on the wall-done without permission.

As far as I know, no you do not. I know there was another thread on this, but I cannot find it now...painting/sketching/photography is allowed as long as you do not interfere with the operations of the park such as blocking walkways, setting up big easels or tripods.

I remember years ago the arts center in Lake Placid, NY got in trouble because they were showing Dumbo in the park one weekend. This was ok, but the charged .50 admission/person. Eisner was in town and saw it and refused to let them show it if admission was charged. :hammer:
They get crazy sometimes trying to protect things.

Upvote 0

Peaches Magee

As far as I know, no you do not. I know there was another thread on this, but I cannot find it now...painting/sketching/photography is allowed as long as you do not interfere with the operations of the park such as blocking walkways, setting up big easels or tripods.

I remember years ago the arts center in Lake Placid, NY got in trouble because they were showing Dumbo in the park one weekend. This was ok, but the charged .50 admission/person. Eisner was in town and saw it and refused to let them show it if admission was charged. :hammer:
They get crazy sometimes trying to protect things.

I would love to at least sketch in the park, if I can ever get there alone that is. I love going to zoos and parks to sketch, I think the scenes in Disney would be amazing to actually study and sketch :)

I guess other places have to get permission for showing films and charging? Cause the Community Center in my city shows Sat morning films and Bug's Life and Snow White are on their list for this month and they charge a dollar per person. Hmmm...

Upvote 0
sketch, yes, paint, no. And keep in mind, all of our icons are property of TWDC, so you may not sell these.

I would paint in the park to enjoy it on my wall at home not look at the dollar signs rolling in my brain. I think there is nothing wrong with painting to enjoy it at home but to sell it there may be a problem. I don't think Disney would have a problem, you paying $60.00 to paint. It's worth it and I don't think they'd say no.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

I would paint in the park to enjoy it on my wall at home not look at the dollar signs rolling in my brain. I think there is nothing wrong with painting to enjoy it at home but to sell it there may be a problem. I don't think Disney would have a problem, you paying $60.00 to paint. It's worth it and I don't think they'd say no.
The issue is not you having a momento, the issue is people thinking that Disney HIRED you to paint. Many people would mistake you for a Disney artist or Disney entertainment. That's what they're trying to avoid. Trust me. Painting is not allowed. As a former duty manager, If I saw you painting, I'd probably have to ask you to kindly keep the supplies in a locker. Sketching, I'd have no problem with.

Upvote 0

DisneyFan4LlFE

Original Poster
thanks everyone I didn't think of it like that! I'll leave the paints at home lol I wasn't planning on selling them anyways! I'll bring a sketch book this time and a few pencils ect.. that way its easier clean up s well as paints are messy!!! Maybe i'll paint a few postcards or photos i take when I get home lol

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom