Are We Ready For The Football, Part I

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
Hee, hee...I see that you guys were able to get my post moved to Chit Chat. How special. OK, can we let it die now, because if you will notice there isn't one word about football on this thread, just indignation about how I upset your sensibilities. So let's let it do like I intended and let if die.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Football? Your talking about a bunch of fannies playing in helmets and wearing pads, and they arent women.

Mind you considering its origins................

StarWarsGirl

Hee, hee...I see that you guys were able to get my post moved to Chit Chat. How special. OK, can we let it die now, because if you will notice there isn't one word about football on this thread, just indignation about how I upset your sensibilities. So let's let it do like I intended and let if die.

Megalodumb

A few things:

A). People keep talking like a thread being moved to Chit Chat is a "bad" thing. But if you really observe the bickering that goes on in Rumors/News...it is plainly clear that being moved to Chit Chat is a promotion, not a punishment. This thread started off with a few heated exchanges because it existed for awhile in Rumors/News, where heated exchanges often happen. Yet I guarantee you, if you leave this thread in Chit Chat long enough, it will evolve into a friendly romp of fun & shenanigans; where those people bickering at this thread's start are soon laughing together joyfully in semi-drunken merriment. We turn frowns into smiles...It's just how we roll down here.

2). No harm in having another Football discussion. The sport is worthy of multiple threads. Worse case scenario, since we already have an existing NFL thread (or two or three), we can always turn this one into a "Bash Brady-A-La-Palooza", where we do nothing more than mock Tom Brady & the New England Patriots. Why?, you may ask. Well, why not? If bashing Tom Brady seems over the top, we can always bash Greg Brady. Actually, bashing anyone isn't really nice. And we don't roll that way down here in Chit Chat. So just forget the above idea even happened.

Carry on.

Obi Walt Kenobi

What a week for Peyton Manning and the Bronco's 7 td's... Personally I think the packers got the game stolen from them with another bad call never the less it was a good game ... The cowboys didn't look like themselves finally beating the giants at home.. But their o line still needs some work.... Trying to help get this thread on track... Lol

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
A few things:

A). People keep talking like a thread being moved to Chit Chat is a "bad" thing. But if you really observe the bickering that goes on in Rumors/News...it is plainly clear that being moved to Chit Chat is a promotion, not a punishment. This thread started off with a few heated exchanges because it existed for awhile in Rumors/News, where heated exchanges often happen. Yet I guarantee you, if you leave this thread in Chit Chat long enough, it will evolve into a friendly romp of fun & shenanigans; where those people bickering at this thread's start are soon laughing together joyfully in semi-drunken merriment. We turn frowns into smiles...It's just how we roll down here.

2). No harm in having another Football discussion. The sport is worthy of multiple threads. Worse case scenario, since we already have an existing NFL thread (or two or three), we can always turn this one into a "Bash Brady-A-La-Palooza", where we do nothing more than mock Tom Brady & the New England Patriots. Why?, you may ask. Well, why not? If bashing Tom Brady seems over the top, we can always bash Greg Brady. Actually, bashing anyone isn't really nice. And we don't roll that way down here in Chit Chat. So just forget the above idea even happened.

Carry on.
Actually, it started out as a protest by me, because football was invading regular threads in Rumors, etc. The result of my starting it was a barrage of hate that wouldn't have been worse if I had insulted their mothers. How dare I post a Football post in Rumors, yet there was continuous posting of football in a thread in Rumors that had absolutely nothing to do with football and everyone seemed just fine with that.

So if you read my first post you could see that I had absolutely no intention of discussing Football. There were all kinds of other Football post in other places including Chit Chat. Me thinks they were just a tad confused. Anyway, I put it there to say, hey, I know you all like football and I also know that you all spend way more time in this section (Rumors) then any of the others so if you must post about Football, here's a good place.

Now that you know the origin you might feel that you don't want to post here anymore, but, everyone is welcome to do so. Personally, I don't know anymore about Football then I do about being Pope. So I cannot be much of a contributor. If it dies, it dies! If it morphs into something with a little less "hostility" they it's beginnings that would be wonderful too.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
I heard a rumor that if you start a football thread in a rumor topic area that it is possible that you will be chastised and unceremoniously moved to other places. Places where people do not take this stuff seriously, and are not allowed to talk with grownups. The last part isn't true, just added for dramatic purposes and sympathy. I wonder if it's true?

acishere

I heard a rumor that if you start a football thread in a rumor topic area that it is possible that you will be chastised and unceremoniously moved to other places. Places where people do not take this stuff seriously, and are not allowed to talk with grownups. The last part isn't true, just added for dramatic purposes and sympathy. I wonder if it's true?
I'm allowed to talk to grownups. They just roll their eyes and walk away when I try to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom