Are there taxis in Disney

suzie

Original Poster
Just wondering, this is my first trip to Disney and I'm wondering if there are taxis, just in case we get lost. What are the prices.

Thanks for answering

:veryconfu

Suzie

:confused:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Taxi from where to where in Disney?

It's a pretty big place ;)

Most of the cabs in Disney are metered, so your price may vary.

suzie

Original Poster
Anywhere really, just wanted to make sure there are taxis around, just in case.

Thanks

Suzie

mkt

Premium Member
there are plenty of cabs in WDW parking lots. I would assume the most you'd pay for the 2 furthermost points in WDW would be $25, and that's a high estimate.

suzie

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the info.

Now I'm sure I will have a great time in Disney.

Thanks again

Suzie

Number_6

And every taxi on Disney property that is for hire(as opposed to ones that may just be dropping people off) is owned by Mears. Any other taxi company, unless specifically called for by the guest, is not allowed to pick up guests on property due to the exclusive contract with Mears.

suzie said:
Just wondering, this is my first trip to Disney and I'm wondering if there are taxis, just in case we get lost. What are the prices.

Thanks for answering

:veryconfu

Suzie

:confused:

There are a lot of taxis around the Disney area. Especially at the hotels. Prices are around $60 one way from the airport. You most likely will not get lost. Disney makes it very easy to navigate their properties. Nothing to worry about.

justducky78

Yes - there are taxis pretty much everywhere at WDW. If they're not sitting outside the resorts, ask the valet or someone at the front desk, and they should be able to call someone for you.

We used a taxi twice on our last trip. It was just easier/quicker to take a taxi (after the boats, monorail closed down) than to wait around for the buses, etc.

We paid about $5 + tip from the Poly to the Wilderness which may seem like a ripoff (since the resorts are so close) but it saved us A LOT of time sitting/waiting on the buses and we weren't in the mood to walk, which they advise against anyways. The roads are dark and really don't have sidewalks.

epcot2004

We are going to use taxis at least to/from the airport. Even though Magical Express is free it takes forever there and back with all of the stops etc. Seems like it's worth the money to have a few hours extra in the parks.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Out of curiosity how much would a taxi be from Boardwalk (jellyrolls) to Coronado Springs HOtel? Just in case we stay really late and need to take the taxi back "home".

Only 29 days for me!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The only time you'll really need a Taxi is when traveling late night between resorts. Otherwise, if a park is open (or closing for that matter) there will be buses in abundance or the monorail or the boats.

If anything, you're supposed to hop on a Downtown Disney bus from any hotel, transfer at Downtown Disney, and ride safely home ;)

ajrwdwgirl said:
Out of curiosity how much would a taxi be from Boardwalk (jellyrolls) to Coronado Springs HOtel? Just in case we stay really late and need to take the taxi back "home".

Only 29 days for me!

About $12.00

mkt

Premium Member
Number_6 said:
And every taxi on Disney property that is for hire(as opposed to ones that may just be dropping people off) is owned by Mears. Any other taxi company, unless specifically called for by the guest, is not allowed to pick up guests on property due to the exclusive contract with Mears.
but not all Gypsy cabs will honor that... and also, a guest can call any cab company to pick them up.

Kurtj43

When I was there w/ friends in January, we needed some beer and got in a taxi from the transportation center...BEWARE, using them at night is EXPENSIVE...25 cents per quarter mile. Package Store run ended up costing us about 45.00...

cnicholson726

Taxi's

Hi, there are mears taxi's all over wdw. if you need to get anywhere on wdw property you can just take a disney bus it is free. but to go anywhere outside of wdw you would have to take a taxi. they are metered and get a little pricey. i live 5 min from my job in wdw and it cost me over $10. you dont have to take mears but then you would have to call them your self. there are usually mears taxis waiting in the parking lots and thats because mears is the only company that can stay on the property and wait.

Nansafan

epcot2004 said:
We are going to use taxis at least to/from the airport. Even though Magical Express is free it takes forever there and back with all of the stops etc. Seems like it's worth the money to have a few hours extra in the parks.

If there is more than 2 of you, a limo service might be cheaper as it is a flat rate based on the vehicle regardless of how many people. Last time we used a car service it was $110 RT airport to the Poly for 7 people in a van. Cabs often charge extra person fee after 2 riders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom