Are there ever special flight/hotel/park deals?

Sundown

Hi all. I hope this is the best section for me question.

Are there ever any special flight/hotel/park discount packages? Limited time, or during off peak seasons, etc? (This would be for on park resorts)

I go solo and am able to take time off from work rather quickly, so if a great deal came up I would love to jump on it.

You know how you can sometimes get great flight discounts & hotel discounts to other locations if you monitor the airfare websites? I guess this is the type of thing I'm wondering if it is offered for Disney.

Hope it's not a stupid question, just thought this would be the ideal place to get some knowledge on this. Thanks.

Rob562

If you're looking for on-site hotels, you'll have to keep an eye on airfare yourself. While Disney will sell you airfare as part of a complete package, I've never seen any kind of special offers on airfare from Disney.

So keep an eye on what special offers are currently available for Disney hotels, what the travel dates are and the booking window, while you keep an eye on airfare. If you're ok with paying a non-refundable hotel, you can save money by using an Orbitz hotel discount code on top of a general-public discount rate at a Disney hotel.

I know at least one airfare search site (Hipmunk, I think) allows you to pay a small fee (under $10, typically) to lock in an airfare price for 24 hours. Not sure if that fee is then applied to the airfare, or if it's simply a convenience fee. I've never used that service.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Bryan Slater

Hi all. I hope this is the best section for me question.

Are there ever any special flight/hotel/park discount packages? Limited time, or during off peak seasons, etc? (This would be for on park resorts)

I go solo and am able to take time off from work rather quickly, so if a great deal came up I would love to jump on it.

You know how you can sometimes get great flight discounts & hotel discounts to other locations if you monitor the airfare websites? I guess this is the type of thing I'm wondering if it is offered for Disney.

Hope it's not a stupid question, just thought this would be the ideal place to get some knowledge on this. Thanks.
With airfare look at Allegiant that's who I like to use. Disney always has deals and packages available. If you are a veteran or active military they give huge deals! At times they offer free dining. Just depends what your looking for and the time of the year. Disney has a summer awaken deal going on now that saves up to 30%. Hope this helps and if you have any other just message me.

Upvote 0

Sundown

Original Poster
Thank you Rob562 and Bryan Slater. Great suggestions. I did use the Orbitz discount when I went a few months ago. It was certainly nice to have a little more credit.

I just thought maybe, just maybe somewhere "out there" Disney offered drastically reduced package deals for people who could pick up and go quickly. To fill rooms, or whatever. But I guess they don't have a need to do that (which heck,more power to 'em).

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

If you're looking for on-site hotels, you'll have to keep an eye on airfare yourself. While Disney will sell you airfare as part of a complete package, I've never seen any kind of special offers on airfare from Disney.
To add to this this it seems like Disney only contracts with full price carriers so you will pay double or triple of some of the discount airlines such as Southwest. It wasn't until about 4-5 years ago did we realize this and start doing airfare on our own and just calling in with flight info for the DME. For some reason we thought everything had to be done through Disney to get the Disney promo's. Lesson Learned.... The hard way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom