Are the pins I bought "real"?

Rogue71371

Original Poster
Hey everyone. I usually hang out on the General board, and I just found this one! My family is going to Disney in November and I bought a bunch of pins on ebay for my son to trade. The seller had great feedback, and says that they are "tradeble with cast members" but they look odd. The backs of the pins say Dinsey with the copyright logo, and have backround of musical notes, and Mickey heads on them. Are these "Disney" pins?

I am afraid that my 5 year old will want to trade with a cast member, and not be able to because the pins he has are bogus.

Any help would be great!

Thanks, Tom

Hey everyone. I usually hang out on the General board, and I just found this one! My family is going to Disney in November and I bought a bunch of pins on ebay for my son to trade. The seller had great feedback, and says that they are "tradeble with cast members" but they look odd. The backs of the pins say Dinsey with the copyright logo, and have backround of musical notes, and Mickey heads on them. Are these "Disney" pins?

I am afraid that my 5 year old will want to trade with a cast member, and not be able to because the pins he has are bogus.

Any help would be great!

Thanks, Tom

Would you be able to post pictures of it maybe??

rbrower

Those are real I do believe. I think that they came from the Disney Store a couple of years back. I hope that helped. Also, have fun on your trip!

THECARISMINE

They are castmember pins I traded for them a few years back they are pretty rare to find now... Well at least the lion king one I saw the other one this year on a castmember. They are definitly tradable

mechurchlady

I have the series and they were sold in Disney Stores.
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=779
That group lists all of them.
The more expensive are the musical pins that would wear out or the music part would fall off the pin. I have most if not all of the series.

These were sold for 50 cents or a dollars maybe less in clearance at the stores. They can however be traded for any pin that a cast member is wearing if that cast member does not have that pin on them. These were songs from movies usually but the art work may not be right like the piano scene is from the poster but did not occur in Oliver.

Pin 15476 is the Hakuna Matata pin.
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=15476&sid=8428.1159079722

Flowers and Trees is an early Disney picture.
pin 16469
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=779&pin=16469

THEY ARE DISNEY STORE not CAST MEMBER.
Some people collect from this series the pins as a set, or for the stitch and other characters.

ZapperZ

Flip them over
if they have a mickey on the back and have a Disney copyright they're real :wave:

This is not necessarily true. You can still have those stamps but they are still "counterfeit" or "scrappers".

http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-DISNEY...0001748045?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:4

http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/scrappers.htm

The ONLY sure way to know that you have a legitimate pin is through buying it from Disney itself, or Disney Stores. This is one reason why, even as an ardent pin collector, I've only bought 2 pins through the e-bay all these years. Unless one is willing to do some homework, there's no way to know if the pin one is getting from such sources is legitimate.

Zz.

mechurchlady

ZapperZ is correct about the scrappers and fake pins. Most cast members will take any pin that has Disney on the back of a pin unless the pin is a known fake. Your pin looks real to me and therefore I would not worry about it not being a good trader with staff.

If an avid pin collector adult tried to trade me a fake pin, I would politely decline. If a 5 year old child came up to me with a Shrek pin, I would take it with a smile. The rules for pin trading aren't life-or-death, so don't worry if your pins are fake or not. We're not going to do anything to make your child upset. Well, regarding pin trading. I can't make any promises regarding height restrictions or Heelez...

Rogue71371

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info!!!

As far as the "Scrappers" go, if they are made from the original molds, and have the Disney logo on the back, how are you to know it isn't legit?

ZapperZ

I'm not a cast member, so I'm not obliged to trade any pins that I'm wearing. Still, I wear on my lanyard what I would call "throw-away pins", which are mainly rack pins. I also sometime wear pins that are part of booster sets. Any child that comes up to me for pin trading, I will always trade. There's nothing that I'm wearing that I want to keep, and if a child finds something that he/she wants, I'm more than happy to trade, even if I'm given the dreaded Millenium 2000 pin (ugh!).

However, during the last trip this past September, I got so many cast lanyard pins from playing the pin games, that I was also wearing a few of these hard-to-get pins on my lanyard while I was walking around the parks. So people could have gotten these pins had they noticed it and traded with me. But none did! :)

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom