Are the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios two sides of the same coin?

mharrington

Original Poster
Huh? You're the one who opened this topic, and then started talking about the history of the parks, not me.

MK has always had move based attractions. Period.

It isn't complicated.
The context of my thread was basically why some people think it's acceptable to have IP stuff in the Magic Kingdom or the Studios, but not in EPCOT.

yeti

I still don't get Synergy. How does advertising your brands to a limited audience of "people who happen to be in your theme parks" drive greater success in said brands?

mharrington

Original Poster
I've been meaning to ask for a while, based on this, but I never got around to it...

DHS still is thematically tied to Hollywood. Sunset Blvd, and Hollywood Blvd are very much based off real things in California, some that no longer exists. It’s a bygone era with the brown derby, Sci fi and prime time cafe themed to the 50s. The Chinese Theatre, and shops all idealized versions of real places. This is a good article about that https://www.yesterland.com/replicas.html

Another aspect of the similarities between the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios is another article from Yesterland, which explains that Sid Cauhenga was not a real person, nor his home a real home, but both entirely made up to suit the fantasy Hollywood: https://yesterland.com/sidcahuenga.html.

I also would like to figure out what the difference is between the structure for the Pinocchio Village Haus and that of the Germany Pavilion as a whole. Look at the two, and you tell me what the difference is (besides park location):
Pinocchio-Village-Haus_-A-Disney-World-Quick-Service-Dining-Review-1080x628.png

Germany-Pavilion-General-Epcot.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I've been meaning to ask for a while, based on this, but I never got around to it...

Another aspect of the similarities between the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios is another article from Yesterland, which explains that Sid Cauhenga was not a real person, nor his home a real home, but both entirely made up to suit the fantasy Hollywood: https://yesterland.com/sidcahuenga.html.

I also would like to figure out what the difference is between the structure for the Pinocchio Village Haus and that of the Germany Pavilion as a whole. Look at the two, and you tell me what the difference is (besides park location):

Germany-Pavilion-General-Epcot.jpg
Incidentally, here's a shot of the Germanic-looking Pinocchio's Village Haus in Fantasyland...

...and here is similar architecture for the Germany Pavilion:
kjdhf101.jpg

How is it that it's okay to accept unreality in one (i.e., Fantasyland), but that the other (i.e., World Showcase), by virtue of being about world culture, must not allow fantasy elements in it? The two locales don't look all that dissimilar to one another.
You did ask this, in your other thread. Stop bumping them just because you're not getting any responses....

mharrington

Original Poster
You did ask this, in your other thread. Stop bumping them just because you're not getting any responses....

I'm just trying to figure out what the difference is between the two structures and why fans' "rules" of the parks are somewhat looser in the Magic Kingdom or the Studios than in, say, EPCOT.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm just trying to figure out what the difference is between the two structures and why fans' "rules" of the parks are somewhat looser in the Magic Kingdom or the Studios than in, say, EPCOT.
No, you’re trying the same argument about theming in multiple threads, using the same posts….

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom