Are the Dining Plans worth it for people who don't drink alcohol

Jon81uk

I've never dared to ask, but I sometimes wonder what we'd find if we asked people who use the different levels of dining plans (and use all of their entitlements), and those who don't use a plan, about their BMI and blood pressure. BUT I WON'T ASK because I don't want to be murdered (so please, no need for anybody to respond and say, "I eat everything on the DxDD every day, and I'm skinny and healthy." I'm sure that every one of you is. I just know that I eat less than half of the calories/volume of food the DDP offers every day, and even with regular exercise, I still struggle with my weight. A few days of DDP-style eating would take me weeks of work to repair the damage. ;)

Not Disney based but I stayed in a hotel last year with buffet breakfast and buffet dinner and put on 2-3 pounds over that week, took me months to get the weight back off. Then I put it back on again this December!

Chi84

Premium Member
I've never dared to ask, but I sometimes wonder what we'd find if we asked people who use the different levels of dining plans (and use all of their entitlements), and those who don't use a plan, about their BMI and blood pressure. BUT I WON'T ASK because I don't want to be murdered (so please, no need for anybody to respond and say, "I eat everything on the DxDD every day, and I'm skinny and healthy"). I'm sure that many of you are.

I just know that I eat less than half of the calories/volume of food the DDP offers every day, and even with regular exercise, I still struggle with my weight. After a few days of DDP-style eating (or just a couple days of DxDP-style eating), it would take me (and HAS taken me, in the past, when we've had a dining plan) weeks of work to repair the damage.
What they'll say is not to worry about what you eat at Disney because you'll burn off all the calories with the extra walking you do there 😂 When I point out that a 120 lb woman walking 10 miles a day will burn off an extra 650 calories - likely less than the equivalent of a slice of cheesecake - no response. It took me too long to learn to not eat when I'm not hungry; there's no way I'm letting any dining plan dictate otherwise.

Hockey89

I've never dared to ask, but I sometimes wonder what we'd find if we asked people who use the different levels of dining plans (and use all of their entitlements), and those who don't use a plan, about their BMI and blood pressure. BUT I WON'T ASK because I don't want to be murdered (so please, no need for anybody to respond and say, "I eat everything on the DxDD every day, and I'm skinny and healthy"). I'm sure that many of you are.

I just know that I eat less than half of the calories/volume of food the DDP offers every day, and even with regular exercise, I still struggle with my weight. After a few days of DDP-style eating (or just a couple days of DxDP-style eating), it would take me (and HAS taken me, in the past, when we've had a dining plan) weeks of work to repair the damage.

I still love to splurge when I eat on vacation -- but these days I try to do so by adding quality instead of quantity (e.g., a pricy scallop appetizer as my meal, or a simple salad with a really great glass of wine).
When I was still playing college sports, I could eat like that and not gain an oz.... Now, I can't eat like that at all.... I'd want to puke.... PLus, the heat.... I can't imagine the amount of salt and fat in 7 days eating like that...

Hockey89

What they'll say is not to worry about what you eat at Disney because you'll burn off all the calories with the extra walking you do there 😂 When I point out that a 120 lb woman walking 10 miles a day will burn off an extra 650 calories - likely less than the equivalent of a slice of cheesecake - no response. It took me too long to learn to not eat when I'm not hungry; there's no way I'm letting any dining plan dictate otherwise.
I can't believe people say that....You could walk 50 miles a day and it wouldn't touch someone eating two sit down meals at Disney....

Prince-1

I still love to splurge when I eat on vacation -- but these days I try to do so by adding quality instead of quantity (e.g., a pricy scallop appetizer as my meal, or a simple salad with a really great glass of wine).

Are you trying NOT to ask if some of the larger Disney guests opt more for the Deluxe Dining Plan?? Or as my daughter calls them, the "Buffet Action Figures".

But since you didn't ask I then won't answer that I think you will find a large (no pun intended) mixture of body shapes and health levels choosing that dining plan.

Club Cooloholic

Are you trying NOT to ask if some of the larger Disney guests opt more for the Deluxe Dining Plan?? Or as my daughter calls them, the "Buffet Action Figures".

But since you didn't ask I then won't answer that I think you will find a large (no pun intended) mixture of body shapes and health levels choosing that dining plan.
I agree. Some people will choose the most expensive plan just because the gotta have Da Best! Even if they don't use it all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom