Are people finding difficult to get reservations that they want?

PolynesianPrincess

I also know from several FB groups Im on that people are hoarding MULTIPLE reservations for the same restaurant, same day, a couple hours apart and over the span of several days as well because they "don't know their plans yet" and will plan to drop them closer to the date or when park hours are extended. Personally, I think that is EXTREMELY selfish, but I digress... that may be a reason the reservations are so hard to find. One woman didn't even have a trip planned yet she had over 30 reservations to dole out in one of the groups. S

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Do we have any idea as to when or if additional reservations are released after park hours are extended?

Well I’m checking constantly for May 2-7 so I’ll post when they release additional times.

While there is a capacity restriction in place for TS restaurants which on its own limits ADRs, I believe that many/most TS restaurants also hold back a sizable percentage of their reservations from the initial 60 day window. You can do a reservation search for the next 3 weeks and find significantly more availability than you would find for something 7-8 weeks from now.

Under normal pre-covid conditions, it usually is not a major problem or noticeable, however with decreased capacity it becomes very frustrating, especially as the number of guests increase, yet the capacity remains flat.

Chi84

Premium Member
While there is a capacity restriction in place for TS restaurants which on its own limits ADRs, I believe that many/most TS restaurants also hold back a sizable percentage of their reservations from the initial 60 day window. You can do a reservation search for the next 3 weeks and find significantly more availability than you would find for something 7-8 weeks from now.

Under normal pre-covid conditions, it usually is not a major problem or noticeable, however with decreased capacity it becomes very frustrating, especially as the number of guests increase, yet the capacity remains flat.
That's good to know, but I'm specifically looking for evening reservations at Epcot and Ak in early May. There won't be any reservations available until the restaurant hours are updated to match the park hours. Right now, Epcot is open until 10, but the restaurants are showing they close at 7. AK restaurants are showing that they close at 5.

Hcalvert

That's good to know, but I'm specifically looking for evening reservations at Epcot and Ak in early May. There won't be any reservations available until the restaurant hours are updated to match the park hours. Right now, Epcot is open until 10, but the restaurants are showing they close at 7. AK restaurants are showing that they close at 5.
I was in the same boat for June 6, 11, 14, and 17 for making dinner reservations at Animal Kingdom. They updated this morning and I was able to make them.

Hockey427

I was in the same boat for June 6, 11, 14, and 17 for making dinner reservations at Animal Kingdom. They updated this morning and I was able to make them.
Interesting, I see that they updated AK now. HS still seems to be lagging behind and as such Oga’s has yet to extend, I’m curious to see once that finally changes.

Hcalvert

Interesting, I see that they updated AK now. HS still seems to be lagging behind and as such Oga’s has yet to extend, I’m curious to see once that finally changes.
Good point. I didn't think to check the other parks as I only needed the AK ones.

nickys

Premium Member
The “normal” time lapse pre-COVID between park hours being extended and dining becoming available was anything from 12-72 hours. But it sometimes happened within a few hours and sometimes took longer. Anecdotally Epcot can take a while to load extra dining times and some restaurants would take much longer than others.

Just keep checking back. Or use one of the dining alerts if you want something specific.

pixie225

I was on at 6 a.m. today, and was able to move my 4:30 Rainforest AK reservation (will be at Disney 5/1-5/7) to 5:45 due to them extending hours. However, still can't get any dinner restaurant except Hard Rock at HS - not interested. Have been trying since reservations opened for us.

EPICOT

Have they opened up bookings for early June during the extended hours? I can't find any reservations at Epcot after 4:30pm when the park closes at 9pm.

Chi84

Premium Member
Have they opened up bookings for early June during the extended hours? I can't find any reservations at Epcot after 4:30pm when the park closes at 9pm.
No. I’ve been checking every day for early May. Last Friday Disney extended the park hours, the next day they opened up additional dining times at AK, but nothing else since then.

Chi84

Premium Member
Some later times have opened up in MK and Epcot for early May. Be Our Guest and Crystal Palace have availability for May 2 - Epcot has opening at Coral Reef, La Hacienda, LeCellier, Rose & Crown and a few others - Tutto Italia is still showing it's closing at 7:00.

Edit: CRT, Liberty Tree Inn and the Plaza are now showing availability in early May.

Last edited:

pixie225

Some later times have opened up in MK and Epcot for early May. Be Our Guest and Crystal Palace have availability for May 2 - Epcot has opening at Coral Reef, La Hacienda, LeCellier, Rose & Crown and a few others - Tutto Italia is still showing it's closing at 7:00.

Edit: CRT, Liberty Tree Inn and the Plaza are now showing availability in early May.
Thanks for the heads-up. We were able to get Liberty Tree for 5/1 at a great time, and change some of our DR's to later times instead of 5 pm. Still having a lot of trouble trying to get any reservation at HS except Planet Hollywood, which we are not interested in. Have been trying several times a day since reservations opened 60 days out for our vacay. Will keep checking for cancellations.

Hockey89

I also know from several FB groups Im on that people are hoarding MULTIPLE reservations for the same restaurant, same day, a couple hours apart and over the span of several days as well because they "don't know their plans yet" and will plan to drop them closer to the date or when park hours are extended. Personally, I think that is EXTREMELY selfish, but I digress... that may be a reason the reservations are so hard to find. One woman didn't even have a trip planned yet she had over 30 reservations to dole out in one of the groups. S
They should be banned from making reservation….

Hcalvert

I just booked ADR for our split stay for June 5-14 and had to wait 60 days out from each reservation.
It has been like this for me since they reopened. I never had a split stay before that. I was able to book across both for a total of 10 days for our July 2020, December 2020, and our upcoming June 2021 trips. I am thinking it is a glitch that probably will be closed sooner or later, but I am going to take advantage of it while it lasts.

Last edited:

deeevo

A lot of people are reporting that it’s hard to get ADRs at the moment.

I think it’s to do with having to space out the tables sufficiently. So capacity will increase as social distancing is eased.
Yep, this is it. Went to Brown Derby about a month ago and the tables were so spread out it was around 40% capacity. Tried to get ADRs 59 days out and it was slim pickings. I figured I would play the refresh game when I need one.

pixie225

Yep, this is it. Went to Brown Derby about a month ago and the tables were so spread out it was around 40% capacity. Tried to get ADRs 59 days out and it was slim pickings. I figured I would play the refresh game when I need one.
I have been trying to get something (as I said above) at HS since ADR reservations opened. About 3 hours ago I snagged Brown Derby for dinner. (first week of May) With all the timeI have spent trying to get something I managed to get 2 ADRs that I wanted in 1 day. I am wondering if you are correct - they are all of a sudden opening up more capacity at the restaurants (maybe as of 5/1)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom