Are park reservations going away?

celluloid

I would expect reservations to go away if they can be justified as more trouble than their worth. Once the CP is back in its full form and talent pools fill the void, I imagine it will be easier to not utilize it.

Unless they are really confident and willing to constantly save by providiing the minimum deployment numbers at any given time.

But it will all be used by an estimate at that point like a modern quicker projection data anyway. Let's put it this way, besides the potential holidays, making a reservation will be about pointless.

Kingoglow

I would like Park Hopping to go away or be set to 10 am. That would allow flexible dining reservations in other parks (late brunch/lunch) after rope dropping.

Disstevefan1

I presume WDW still cares about MONEY?

If they stop park hopping they lose the park hopping upcharge MONEY.
What about the folks who park hop specifically for dining, more MONEY lost.

If removing the park hop SAVES MORE MONEY by reducing staff to the absolute minimum than they lose in losses of park hop upcharge and dining related to park hopping, they will do it.

We know this is all about MONEY.

Disney does not care about reducing crowds.

Disney Glimpses

My understanding is the park hopping limitations will be gone or drastically altered by end of the year. As for the future of Park Pass, they were toying with removing it for all but AP but I am hearing that is no longer the case. More to come on that officially in the next couple months (Park Pass changes are coming as part of the AP program changes that are coming when sales resume).

mikejs78

Premium Member
Biggest issue for me is you can no longer take the monorail from EPCOT resorts to Magic Kingdom.

In my opinion, EPCOT should be completely exempt from Park Pass/hopping time rules. I think that would solve a lot of problems for many.
When do you think AP sales will resume?

nicb88

My understanding is the park hopping limitations will be gone or drastically altered by end of the year. As for the future of Park Pass, they were toying with removing it for all but AP but I am hearing that is no longer the case. More to come on that officially in the next couple months (Park Pass changes are coming as part of the AP program changes that are coming when sales resume).
I presume it would have become a liability leaving it in place only for AP given the furore at Disneyland at present.

Fido Chuckwagon

As an AP holder I'd be more than happy to launch the East Coast version of the Disneyland lawsuit if they try this bull with already purchased AP's.

James Alucobond

Biggest issue for me is you can no longer take the monorail from EPCOT resorts to Magic Kingdom.

In my opinion, EPCOT should be completely exempt from Park Pass/hopping time rules. I think that would solve a lot of problems for many.
This is my same issue, except in reverse. I would much rather monorail > EPCOT > skyliner > Hollywood Studios than take a bus if I want to go to HS in the morning.

correcaminos

That is a big one especially when traveling with friends. Though as an AP holder I am notorious for doing one or two rides and move on. I miss being able to have lunch wherever or just go elsewhere after lunch. 4 parks in 1 day is much harder without paid extras.
Not that it really matters but those two groups never had any limitations on reservations or hopping.
Correct. VIP tours are not bound as well to the rules.

All but AP? That will help the lawsuit...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom