Are park reservations going away?

wagnerdanp

Original Poster
The Disney app no longer shows parking hopping after 2pm on the calendar. Has this been officially announced?

Attachments

• 6B4CF3CE-FB05-4B66-8F61-DB1F64D150B7.png
    6B4CF3CE-FB05-4B66-8F61-DB1F64D150B7.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 116

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I really don’t think they’d get rid of one and not the other. If MK was at capacity, opening at 9, but AK was available to book, and opening at 7:30, people would tap in at AK and immediately go over to MK. Which would of course defeat the point of the park reservation system.
Yes the two are unfortunately linked, and we know reservations are not going anywhere.

MickeyLuv'r

Was it maybe suspended for a few days after what happened at HS? Yesterday: RNRC, Tower, Rise, and MMRR were all down.

I can't say how long each was down exactly, but it sounded from the thread like multiple attractions were down for a solid chunk of the day, if not all day, or just limping when they were operating.

I can't imagine being 'stuck' in a park with so many rides unavailable, and no hopping allowed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Park reservations are here to stay for the foreseeable future. However, I could see park hopping go away at some point. Disney wants to control park guests as much as possible so that they can staff as minimally as possible, thus the reason for park reservations. Park hopping is a barrier to that goal. Of course, having 4 of the 9 rides at a particular park down at the same time is a barrier to the consumers actually enjoying their day there, but TDO doesn't seem terribly concerned by that right now. "Unprecedented demand!" and whatnot. As long as people keep forking over whatever Disney charges, things will not change.

That said, I don't believe they will get rid of park hopping anytime soon. I will not be the least bit surprised if it goes away some time in the future, though.

correcaminos

That's because it was.
Unless one didn't make FP+ which we often did not

Park reservations are here to stay for the foreseeable future. However, I could see park hopping go away at some point. Disney wants to control park guests as much as possible so that they can staff as minimally as possible, thus the reason for park reservations. Park hopping is a barrier to that goal. Of course, having 4 of the 9 rides at a particular park down at the same time is a barrier to the consumers actually enjoying their day there, but TDO doesn't seem terribly concerned by that right now. "Unprecedented demand!" and whatnot. As long as people keep forking over whatever Disney charges, things will not change.

That said, I don't believe they will get rid of park hopping anytime soon. I will not be the least bit surprised if it goes away some time in the future, though.
Why would they remove a money maker? It's been in existence since Epcot opened.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Unless one didn't make FP+ which we often did not

Why would they remove a money maker? It's been in existence since Epcot opened.
Just my guess - They think they can save more money over the long haul by not having to staff at certain levels at all parks than they bring in with the PH option.

I should have added option 3 - Park Hopper becomes a $50/day add-on.

correcaminos

Just my guess - They think they can save more money over the long haul by not having to staff at certain levels at all parks than they bring in with the PH option.

I should have added option 3 - Park Hopper becomes a $50/day add-on.
Park hopping is already an add on. Hence why I said it is a money maker. World Passes started in the 80s and park hopping became an option. They'd be losing a lot of money by removing park hopping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom