Are "CARS" still at MGM??

CantGoEnough

Original Poster
Heading to Disney in 1 WEEK!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: Does anyone know if Lightning & Mater are still showing up at MGM (other than in parades)??? I've been checking trip reports, but haven't seen anyone mention them.
Thanks!

Piebald

They're still there appearing in Meet and Greets as well as the parade.

On another note, at the Animation Tour .. they have changed the two posters at the entrance from Cars to Meet The Robinsons.

CoffeeJedi

They were supposed to be at Lowe's Motor Speedway last weekend, but i don't know if they're the same ones, or how many sets of Cars they made.

What happened to Sally? She wasn't down there 2 weeks ago. Did they only build one of her (i know that's she based on a real Porsche whereas Mater and Lightning are scratchbuilt)?

autigger

We saw them on September 8. My son is really into the "Cars" and it was a priority. We saw them in two places.

First, was at "Streets of America." Here, Lighting McQueen and Tow Mater are scheduled for appearances a couple of times a day. My advice would be to go just before their scheduled "time" and you can see them arrive and then, once they are parked, you can take pictures.

Second, was the afternoon "Disney Stars & Motor Cars Parade." Lighting McQueen and Tow Mater lead off the parade. It was well done.

Here is a great site for the schedule time of shows, appearances and parades:
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

Mecha Figment

the ones that do the auto show and race shows, are not the same as the ones at disney. the ones here have sound systems installed they animate and can move their eyes.

KimviG

Does anyone have any pics of them?

I don't understand how they have the cars characters there. Are they people in suits or something else???

CoffeeJedi

I don't understand how they have the cars characters there. Are they people in suits or something else???
They're actually drivable vehicles with custom fiberglass shells. The operator inside can move the eyes back and forth, rev the engine, honk the horn, raise the "eyebrows", shake Mater's 'engine', and rock the body back and forth.
Do a search for pics. Lightning and Mater are scratch-built custom bodies on stripped-down chasis, but Sally (who is seen less often) actually started out as a stock Porsche 911, but was then chopped, shortened, raised, and had her eyes and mouth installed.

Mufasa's Pride

I've seen pics of the cars and hope I see them on my next trip. Do they talk and are free-roaming like Lucky? Do they have a daily meet and greet time? Are they in the parade daily? Sorry for the question overload......Thanks in advance!!

Magic Maker

No talking, Lightning revs up his engine but that's it.

They are in the parade and you can get their schedule once you enter Disney Studios, grab a times guide, they are on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom