Are car flags allowed in the US?

disneydude2000

Original Poster
here in the UK we put England flags on our cars to show our support for the football team. However during the world cup i will be in Orlando, so i was wondering if i could still fly my flags on the US roads?
this would also help us find our car in the vast car parks.

Lastly will there be anywhere showing the matches?
any help would be appreciated
thank you

M. Racer

Absolutely! Fly your team's flag. Your right to do it is protected by the Constitution...It's freedom of speech. Good luck to your team!

napnet

I have a few for Florida State and never had a problem. Here you see people driving with huge flags in their truck beds occasionally as well

disneydude2000

Original Poster
thanks a lot people. look out for my Grand Caravan im renting with two England flags on it between June 10th-June24th.
gd luck to US too, u got some hard teams in Italy and Czech Republic.
Hope u win.
gd Luck.

disneydude2000 said:
here in the UK we put England flags on our cars to show our support for the football team. However during the world cup i will be in Orlando, so i was wondering if i could still fly my flags on the US roads?

thank you

Fly it proudly. That what the US is all about...freedom.

YQY747

disneydude2000 said:
thank you

I think that ESPN or ESPN2 will be showing some of the matches. Maybe its only the championship, I'm not sure.

Floridasunshine

But just be careful... a rented vehicle with European flags just screams 'TOURIST!" ... and tourists can often be victims of crimes because most carry quite a bit of money on them ....

But other than that, fly your flag proudly!!!

barnum42

Floridasunshine does bring up a valid point though. In the past all rental cars had a registration plate with a "Y" (I think) on them. Consequently the criminals would target "Y" plate cars, flag them down then rob the occupants. The law changed so that rentals no longer screamed "Rich tourist".

Any locals have a take on whether flying a flag would be a magnet for muggers?

scottnj1966

disneydude2000 said:

thank you

We fly flags here all the time on the car, truck, anything.
So yes you can...or at least I know you can in Florida

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
M. Racer said:
Absolutely! Fly your team's flag. Your right to do it is protected by the Constitution...It's freedom of speech. Good luck to your team!
Its protected by the consistitution as long as there are no specific laws against it......

Testtrack321

I'd recomend a t-shirt to wear in the park or a small window decal instead of a flag, still visable, but not a magnet for theves, plus you can support your team in the park then with the t-shirt! :cool:

Firewolfe51

In Alabama, you would be hard pressed not to find someone waving a car flag. Especially during football season (Alabama or Auburn) and during race weekend (twice a year). We are not flag wavers, but there are plenty of good 'ol southern folks who are!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom