Aquariums at Disneyworld

disney4life2008

I love aquariums and fish... are there any aquariums on disney property at the resorts or theme parks? or is there a aquarium place in orlando? except for sea world.. i do not wanna go back there.

The Pauper

There are a couple of big places to see aquariums in the Orlando area for you to enjoy -

The Living Seas at Epcot / One of the largest tanks in the world with sharks, turtles, dolphins and manatees

Sea World / Several aquariums and marine mammal tanks

You can see smaller ones at Rainforest Cafes at WDW and at Animal Kingdom.

Edit - I just saw you didn't want to go to Sea World. I must admit that it probably has nicer aquariums than Epcot as they are newer and more advanced. You don't have to worry about silly marine mammal shows at Epcot, just silly Nemo songs :p

Upvote 0

cdunbar

We ate @ the living seas several years ago, 2006, and we loved it! The only thing that I would recommend, well 2 things actually, that you do NOT sit at an aquarium table, small children don't seem to understand that it is rude to crawl under your table to look at the fish, and the other is that you don't just go in and look at the aquariums you must absolutely go and eat there it's just fab!:wave:

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No

Edit - I just saw you didn't want to go to Sea World. I must admit that it probably has nicer aquariums than Epcot as they are newer and more advanced. You don't have to worry about silly marine mammal shows at Epcot, just silly Nemo songs :p

And Segals

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
We ate @ the living seas several years ago, 2006, and we loved it! The only thing that I would recommend, well 2 things actually, that you do NOT sit at an aquarium table, small children don't seem to understand that it is rude to crawl under your table to look at the fish, and the other is that you don't just go in and look at the aquariums you must absolutely go and eat there it's just fab!:wave:
Oh my goodness! You had kids crawling under your table? Did the parents know/care? :eek: :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Philo

I wasn't overly impressed with seaworld either. The shows we're good but the 'walk around and look at this' attraction we're only so so. If they didn't have kracken I probably wouldn't go back.

Anyway, get yourself over to EPCOT and check out the seas. Ride on Nemo and then spend time checking out the pavillion - it's all pretty amazing. There is some interesting stuff in the holding area for Turtle Talk too.

If you can, get a reservation at coral reef. You probably won't get an aquarium side table (I was lucky enough to get it though!) but it's still pretty amazing (and I had no problems with kids running around)

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

If you eat at the Coral Reef restaurant, you actually get a better view if you don't sit right next to the aquarium. If you are seated up a level or two then you can see more of the aquarium.
We were on the top level and had a great view.
The table levels are tiered.

By the way, I think it said on the Coral Reef fact sheet that Space Ship Earth could fit inside that aquarium.

:)

Upvote 0

westie

If you eat at the Coral Reef restaurant, you actually get a better view if you don't sit right next to the aquarium. If you are seated up a level or two then you can see more of the aquarium.
We were on the top level and had a great view.
The table levels are tiered.

:)

Great place to eat and view. Although, i would sit next to the glass for the simple fact that people walk right up to the glass ans stand there trying to use flash photography, ruining their shot and your meal. But, there are some huge fish and turtles in there that will amaze you as they come by. And the occasional diver.

Upvote 0

Rob562

In addition to the places mentioned, there are a few places in Animal Kingdom that are aquarium-like:
There's a viewing area near Pizzafari where the main attraction is otters, but there are fish in the water, too. There's also a viewing area along the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail in Africa that has hippos swimming around in the water, along with some fish.

In both instances, the water level is partway up the window, so you can see both above and below the surface.

-Rob

Upvote 0

raven

Why would they crawl under the table to see the fish when the bottom of the tank starts 4 foot above the floor? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

burninup4nick

The seas with Nemo and friends has a bunch of tanks all around with different animals...and if you eat at Coral Reef you can see the fish in the aquarium while you're eating. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom