Aqua Seas Tour

VBAndrea

Has anyone done this with young children? Also, saw the age limit is 8 years and my ds will be 7 years 11 months at the time of our trip. Does anyone know if they would allow him to do the tour or who I could contact to find out? I'd love for him to be able to it with his dad since I will be doing BBB with dd. We can't delay our trip until he's 8 years b/c dh is military and will be deployed then.

Blonde Princess

We have done the aqua seas tour on three occasions. One time our son was 4 days before his 8th birthday. I have to admit we just put his b-day down as a week earlier. According to what I've been told they do not have a grace period.

Personally, we live at the beach, our DS is a strong swimmer and he has done lots of snorkeling. Even so, managing the equipment, mask, regulator, etc was a little beyond age 8 level skills. Our other son was 10 and had no problem. If your child is not a strong swimmer I would not partake in this tour. You and the child will not enjoy yourselves.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We did it when our youngest was 9, and again when he was 13. In these groups, there were some kids that had no business being there, panicked in the water, didn't have basic snorkeling knowledge...

If your child is a good swimmer, is comfortable with a mask and snorkel, than I think this is the best experience they...and any non scuba certified adult can have. You get a full half hour in the tank, fish are very comfortable, and even though you stay on the surface, there are plenty of close encounters. You actually don't use a snorkel, but a tank and mouthpiece. You do wear a flotation vest that prevents you from breaking the surface however. If you want any additional details, feel free to PM me.

As Blonde Princess stated, if you say your son is 7 years 11months, they will not allow him to take part. Your choice on how you choose to round...and coach him in his response.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom