April pulled from DCL site

lostpro9het

Looks like DCL has removed all sailings for April 2021 from the website last night. I was already pretty sure that we weren't sailing on April 8th, but this seals it. The cancellation email will be coming any day now.
Welcome to the club! Our april trip got nixed by Celebrity a week back. We’re locked into the FCC zone now thanks to a December and January cancellation. We just went all in on the 7-night LA>Mexico itinerary in October 2022 and moved all our Disney FCC to the Bermuda itinerary in October 2021. Im done putting deposits down cruises until I start seeing people embark.

KeithVH

Some of May too. Our early May B2Bs from 'Diego are gone. Someone else is arguing they're full but I can't see that happening all at once to multiple sailings all on the same day. At some point, I'm going to end up with more credit than I know what to do with.

ToTBellHop

Some of May too. Our early May B2Bs from 'Diego are gone. Someone else is arguing they're full but I can't see that happening all at once to multiple sailings all on the same day. At some point, I'm going to end up with more credit than I know what to do with.
There’s no way CA is allowing cruises any time soon. DL isn’t even open and it will certainly reopen before sailings resume.

RememberWhen

And today, my back-to-back cruises both disappeared from "My Reservations" on the DCL site. :(
That’s sad, but not terribly surprising. They were in April? We’ve still got our fingers crossed for February 2022, but I’m honestly giving it a 50/50 shot right now. I’m hoping they’re up and running by October so we can see protocols and they can work out the kinks before our trip. I think we’re a group of 20 in 5 rooms with a half dozen kids in the group. I want the plans to be clear and effective. But if it’s just the two (or three) of you I can imagine wanting to go sooner.
Hoping you can reschedule!

KeithVH

And today, my back-to-back cruises both disappeared from "My Reservations" on the DCL site. :(
Yeah, mine too. I can deal with losing the Baja trip but the missing repo to Vancouver seriously puts this fall's HOTHS cruise in jeopardy. So then I'm out THREE sailings:mad:.

And the stinker on top is that they haven't moved the FCC limit date past May. More compression of new, cancelled guests into the same limited set of sailings. THAT'S frustrating. Especially for us left coasters who are now stuck with a x-country flight just to sail.

vinnya1726

Yeah, mine too. I can deal with losing the Baja trip but the missing repo to Vancouver seriously puts this fall's HOTHS cruise in jeopardy. So then I'm out THREE sailings:mad:.

And the stinker on top is that they haven't moved the FCC limit date past May. More compression of new, cancelled guests into the same limited set of sailings. THAT'S frustrating. Especially for us left coasters who are now stuck with a x-country flight just to sail.
I think they are going to have to move the date, I fear many more cruises may be cancelled, we are supposed to go in August, but I am not too hopeful it is going to happen. There is no way I am going to reschedule before May with my work schedule, so I am hoping they extend it to the fall of 2022. I think they are afraid of the impact it will have on the Wish sailings, but they could easily limit FCC to just the 4 current ships.

mhaftman7

Funny Thing. I just got a reservation confirmation this morning for our cruise in June. At first, I thought it was just saying the balance is due in two months, but I actually still have more than two months, as per the letter, to pay it off. We’ve been holding off on putting money into it in case it got cancelled. Hmm.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
Funny Thing. I just got a reservation confirmation this morning for our cruise in June. At first, I thought it was just saying the balance is due in two months, but I actually still have more than two months, as per the letter, to pay it off. We’ve been holding off on putting money into it in case it got cancelled. Hmm.
That's interesting. But at this point, I can't imagine that they'll be sailing in June if they haven't even started simulated sailings yet. I'm hoping for the fall.

On a completely different note, I'm a huge Doof fan, so I love your avatar. When we had our dog, I used to call him Doofenshmirtz Beagle Incorporated. :)

RememberWhen

That's interesting. But at this point, I can't imagine that they'll be sailing in June if they haven't even started simulated sailings yet. I'm hoping for the fall.

On a completely different note, I'm a huge Doof fan, so I love your avatar. When we had our dog, I used to call him Doofenshmirtz Beagle Incorporated. :)
I think fall is a lot more likely than June, but even that might be pushing it since none of the big ships have gone out yet. We just have to see how the next few months go.

KCheatle

If you have the money or credit, I would pay it off. Our 9-day cruise in July was canceled, and since we had paid it entirely, we got 125% credit for a new cruise. The credit just goes into your account and can be used for excursions and stuff. But, we only got it because we had paid in full. Otherwise, we would have been able to just apply the amount already paid towards a new cruise or get a refund of the amount paid.

We ended up booking the two cruises Disney put in place of the 9-day, which were a 3-day followed by a 6-day, which are now also completely paid. If they cancel those too, then I wonder if we get another 125% credit and keep the original credit we banked from them canceling the first time???

RememberWhen

If you have the money or credit, I would pay it off. Our 9-day cruise in July was canceled, and since we had paid it entirely, we got 125% credit for a new cruise. The credit just goes into your account and can be used for excursions and stuff. But, we only got it because we had paid in full. Otherwise, we would have been able to just apply the amount already paid towards a new cruise or get a refund of the amount paid.

We ended up booking the two cruises Disney put in place of the 9-day, which were a 3-day followed by a 6-day, which are now also completely paid. If they cancel those too, then I wonder if we get another 125% credit and keep the original credit we banked from them canceling the first time???
You don’t get extra credit (we’ve had a couple cancellations), but they did just extend the FCC through summer 2022, so now they just need to release those itineraries!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom