April 2020

ELG13

Well SUPRISE! Our annual trip is being postponed because we are expecting our third child the end of August. Seeing as how we go sept/oct we decided to push it a few months so the baby is a little older, a little more vaccinated etc lol. So with that being said, we are thinking April(ish). I know that time of year gets sticky with different things like spring breaks and school trips and competitions....any advice or suggestions on a better time to go? I don't want to push it to sept/oct of next year if we don't have to but, if the crowds are that much better we will. I will say we aren't the type of people that feel like we have to get on EVERY ride EVERY day, last trip there was a day we went and did our fast passes, ate and went back to the cabin to play in the pool etc. As long as the little mermaid ride is 10-15 minutes we are usually ok lol!!!

JohnD

Congratulations! For planning purposes, Easter is April 12 in 2020. So expect the first 12 days in Easter and the week after to be busier due to the Easter season. I would look later in April for your trip.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

There should be a brief window starting a week after Easter and lasting until mid May when crowds are not at their worst. Spring breaks are all finished and schools haven't let out for summer yet. The weather should be wonderful too. The only thing to note is the Flower and Garden Festival will be going on so you might want to avoid Epcot on the weekend.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Good tips y'all! And Epcot is usually the one park we don't go to for some reason.. we always plan to but it usually ends up being between there or the water park and the kids (well, all of us lol) love the water parks!!! I would like to try for dinner one night but crowds for just walking to and from dinner don't bother me.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Be aware that the Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon weekend is April 16 - 18, 2020. Expect larger than normal crowds for this race as runners will anticipate running through Galaxy's Edge as it will have opened late 2019. Runners will arrive Wednesday through Friday and many stay through at least Monday.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

First off, congrats!!! We've gone several times the week after Easter, and while the crowds are larger, the high temps and humidity are USUALLY low enough to lower everyone's tempers a notch...you should have a great time! It's one of our favorite times of the year to go. Because both DD's will be in college, our trip is scheduled for early May of 2020 after they are done. May will be a new adventure for us.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Thanks y'all...we are definitely surprised but super excited. And I can't wait to start this baby off with Disney. We didn't start Disney with the other kids until our oldest was 4 and it was a quick 2 day trip. Now we all look forward to these trips so pushing it put is so hard but will be even more to look forward to and maybe we will be able to make it a little longer since I have longer to plan it!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom