Applying Out of State?

buddyboil

Original Poster
Hey! I saw a couple of people asking questions like this but none in my exact situation that I could see, so hopefully this is an alright question.

I just recently finished a college program and, due to a lack of immediate plan for living in Florida, left and came back home. I would like to move back and work with the company again later this year when I would have someone able to go in with me on an apartment but I was wondering how I should go about applying for a job. If I apply online at any point before the move I would be worried that I would be unable to complete the last step and meet in person in a timely manner, but going down without a job at all and showing up at casting feels a little bit risky. How would you suggest going about this? If I called beforehand or after submitting an application would casting be able to work something out? For reference, though I'm not sure how relevant this is, I would be going around the start of summer.

I am also curious if I would still have proficiencies in my former locations given I "left" the company and would be coming back. It will be less than a year since my leaving and, from my understanding, if nothing has changed at my location I should still be able to pick up there? But I'm not 100% certain given the circumstance.

Tinkrbell

Hey! I saw a couple of people asking questions like this but none in my exact situation that I could see, so hopefully this is an alright question.

I just recently finished a college program and, due to a lack of immediate plan for living in Florida, left and came back home. I would like to move back and work with the company again later this year when I would have someone able to go in with me on an apartment but I was wondering how I should go about applying for a job. If I apply online at any point before the move I would be worried that I would be unable to complete the last step and meet in person in a timely manner, but going down without a job at all and showing up at casting feels a little bit risky. How would you suggest going about this? If I called beforehand or after submitting an application would casting be able to work something out? For reference, though I'm not sure how relevant this is, I would be going around the start of summer.

I am also curious if I would still have proficiencies in my former locations given I "left" the company and would be coming back. It will be less than a year since my leaving and, from my understanding, if nothing has changed at my location I should still be able to pick up there? But I'm not 100% certain given the circumstance.
Im not sure about the first part. I work in costuming & once you leave the company/department, any training/skills you had is disapproved. The only way to get those skills back is if you return to the department before those skills would have expired. I don’t know how it works for other lines of business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom