Apple Mac OS X talk

Voxel

President of Progress City
Ahh. I was never a fan of Chrome on the Mac, way too much of a resource hog. I actually really like the simplicity of Safari and it keeps getting faster with each generation. Hadn't seen any sleep issues at all on my MBP.
I don't like safari, it's liking beatings a dead horse since 10.10.2. It too two mins to load reddit when it normally takes 1 second..
I think it's mainly an issue with the early 2011 models.. I typical don't get the OS X issues (well except the battery murdering of lion)

Voxel

Hard to say for sure but that could be either a bad display or bad graphics card. I had a 2011 27" iMac and over the 2-1/2 years I had it the display panel had to be replaced twice but in both cases, it was a backlight issue. If you are seeing corrupted images on the screen it is more likely it's the graphics card.
It's a bad gpu, or atleast I thought. I turned off transparency and the problem as gone down significantly. So I am not to sure

lazyboy97o

Excited to see that after all of these years OS X is finally getting built-in automatic half screen window sizing (I am sure there is a better term I am forgetting at the moment). Hopefully left-right are not the only choices. That was all introduced with Windows Vista right?

Voxel

Excited to see that after all of these years OS X is finally getting built-in automatic half screen window sizing (I am sure there is a better term I am forgetting at the moment). Hopefully left-right are not the only choices. That was all introduced with Windows Vista right?
Correct, it was the only good thing to come out of Vista.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
El Capitan is coming soon! I'm running the beta on my iMac right now. It's A LOT more stable than Yosemite was. I have a cosmetic complaint in that Apple is continuing the 'flat' trend with a new beach ball of death. I have a major complaint in that the new Disk Utility is horrendous. It's extremely stripped down. There aren't as many commands on it as there were in previous versions including verifying and repairing permissions. I don't understand why Apple had to change the application since it already worked fine and the average user wouldn't know how to use it anyway. Other than those complaints and the awful name of the OS, I think El Capitan is okay.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
El Capitan is coming soon! I'm running the beta on my iMac right now. It's A LOT more stable than Yosemite was. I have a cosmetic complaint in that Apple is continuing the 'flat' trend with a new beach ball of death. I have a major complaint in that the new Disk Utility is horrendous. It's extremely stripped down. There aren't as many commands on it as there were in previous versions including verifying and repairing permissions. I don't understand why Apple had to change the application since it already worked fine and the average user wouldn't know how to use it anyway. Other than those complaints and the awful name of the OS, I think El Capitan is okay.

That's likely to be the future, regardless of platform. Products developed to be functional for consumers. I started to use the phrase "lowest common denominator" but that probably goes a little too far.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
In the mean time, what's everybody's favorite version of Mac OS X? Snow Leopard is my favorite since it was so stable, reliable, and optimized (the slogan, 'The World's Most Advanced Operating System, Finely Tuned,' doesn't lie!). I haven't really loved any versions since, especially because I believe Yosemite is the worst OS Apple has put out in a long time.

The first version I used was 10.4 Tiger, and I'm currently on 10.11 El Capitan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom