Apologies...I'm sure this has been asked before:

Shellster1

Original Poster
I'm new here. I've only been to WDW one time, years ago. I'm taking my 10-year-old this June. Which rides (in all parks) should I keep a close eye on, as far as getting a fast pass for? I read non-hotel guests have a hard time getting passes for certain rides, especially in the summer. Is this true? I am not staying on-site, unfortunately. It's just not in the budget for me. Thank you!

MotherofaPrincessLover

There are some rides that will be very hard to get Fastpasses for. Flight of Passage at AK will be next to impossible without staying onsite. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train in MK will be tough as will Frozen Ever After in Epcot.

JIMINYCR

Yes its true. Having June summer crowds will make it even harder. All the popular rides will be targeted by guests staying on property that can get FP+'s at the 60 day mark. You can help yourself by getting to the parks as early as you can to opening and rush to the few you can before crowds build. Some FP+ can possibly be gotten later on and even on the day of your trip, but the best times and availability does go very fast. You may be locked out.
MK... 7DMT, Peter Pan, Splash Mtn, BTMRR PoTC, Space Mtn ( Elsa /Anna & Belle enchanted tales VERY popular )
EP... Soarin, Frozen, MS, TT, Spaceship Earth
AK... FoP, Safari, EE, Dino,
DHS... TSMM, ToT, RnRC, ST,

nickys

Premium Member
And the new Slinky Dog coaster in DHS too I suspect.

But if you keep looking, it is sometimes possible to get these hard-to-get FPs nearer the time of your trip.

DfromATX

I think the first trip is a learning experience (and since you've only been once and it was several years ago, it'll be like your first time). You'll go and have a great time, but also come back knowing what you'd like to do on your next trip (hopefully). Even though you're staying offsite, make sure you book what fast passes you can 30 days in advance. I also encourage you to "rope drop" the parks, which means to get there before opening. That way you'll have a better chance at riding some things that you don't have fast passes for (such as Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom). My kids are older now, but when they were about 10, those were my favorite years!

slappy magoo

And the new Slinky Dog coaster in DHS too I suspect.

But if you keep looking, it is sometimes possible to get these hard-to-get FPs nearer the time of your trip.
I don't think Slinky Dog Dash opens until June 30, barring the possibility of a soft open?

So if the OP isn't staying until June 30, it's a moot point.
But if the OP IS staying to June 30, and wants to do Slinky Dog Dash...I guess get to the park at least an hour before it opens and try to be amongst the first?

nickys

Premium Member
I don't think Slinky Dog Dash opens until June 30, barring the possibility of a soft open?

So if the OP isn't staying until June 30, it's a moot point.
But if the OP IS staying to June 30, and wants to do Slinky Dog Dash...I guess get to the park at least an hour before it opens and try to be amongst the first?

My apologies. I think I read it as July!

EricsBiscuit

Some of The hotels around Disney Springs have the opportunity for FastPasses in advance. Also, they have some great deals sometimes.

fluffy

IT's a shame you can't get on these rides like you used to without staying onsite just to get a FP. Pretty soon a FP will be meaningless due to so many people having them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom