AP shirts

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
Which stores sell the golf shirts and t-shirts for Annual Passholders?

I know you have to ask for them specifically, because they're not out on the shelves. Which stores have them? I'm trying to order one from the mail order hotline, but they need the name of the store.

Thanks!

Swamp Fox

In Animal Kingdom the Trading Post has them.
In MGM the Hat should have them.
In the Magic Kingdom Uptown Jewlers should have them.
In EPCOT Pin Central should have them.

And Pin Traders at Downtown Disney they should have them.

A good rule of thumb is if they have AP pins it's likely they have AP Merch.

Swamp Fox

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Wow...

Since I'll be there with APs for the first time four weeks hence...

What sorts of things are available as "AP Merch"? I'd never heard of such a thing until this thread [well, except AP-only pins, which don't really interest me]. But I love polo/golf shirts and baseball caps... :D

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
Thanks, Swamp Fox!

MontyMon, I know for sure they have t-shirts, golf shirts, and maybe hats. However, you have to ask for them very specifically. They'll ask for ID and your AP before selling them to you. The woman on the phone at mail order told me to make sure I had my AP out when she located the store, because I would need t read her the number on the back of it.

They're very protective of that merchandise.

Perhaps a silly question...why not sell it on the AP section of the Disney website? Why only sell the pins? You know everyone viewing that portion of the site is an AP-holder, so why not sell the merchandise?

Uponastar

Wow...

Since I'll be there with APs for the first time four weeks hence...

What sorts of things are available as "AP Merch"? I'd never heard of such a thing until this thread [well, except AP-only pins, which don't really interest me]. But I love polo/golf shirts and baseball caps... :D

We're new AP'ers too and this is the first I've heard of AP merchandise.
Anyone with more info or even pics?

ZapperZ

In Animal Kingdom the Trading Post has them.
In MGM the Hat should have them.
In the Magic Kingdom Uptown Jewlers should have them.
In EPCOT Pin Central should have them.

And Pin Traders at Downtown Disney they should have them.

Unless they have changed it, we got our AP merchandise at the Art of Disney store in Downtown Disney.

Zz.

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
Unless they have changed it, we got our AP merchandise at the Art of Disney store in Downtown Disney.

Zz.

They're definitely not there anymore. I went in there asking on Friday, and was told they used to sell them, but took them away.

seabee1

What is the mail order number you are talking about. We are new APers as well, and I would love to check out this merchandise.

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
So....

I just got off the phone with Mail Order.

They called the stores listed above, and said that they no longer sell the shirts. They've been, according the CM on the phone, "liquidated."

They acknowledged that they used to have them, but were taken away.

Can anyone confirm this?

Vernonpush

We I got my AP two years ago, I started looking for the AP merchandise. I was able to get an AP hat at the sorcerer's hat gift shop in D/MGM Studios. I asked about shirts and all they had were the $60 polo shirts. At all AP merchandise vendors, same thing, only the polo shirts. That was 2 years ago. My partner tried to get an AP hat a year and a half ago and they were out of stock. I'm not sure if they carry this stuff anymore. There is nothing at the current AP website (like there used to be) except for pins.:( The t-shirt design was wonderful. I wanted one so bad, but gave up trying to get one.

ZapperZ

I really don't understand that with Disney. I know they probably don't make that much money out of these merchandise, but you'd think that it would be good "advertizing" for them to have guests see that there are many AP holders around. So why they don't have more merchandise, or stock them, I have no idea.

Luckily, we bought several AP stuff a while back, including the t-shirts and polo shirts. I have suggested to them that they should also have a backpack for annual passholder, very much like the one Disney Visa had a couple of years ago for new members. I've worn that so much, it's beginning to tear. Disney lacks a good backpack for adults. I don't care for the ones they have currently in the stores.

Zz.

Uponastar

Well, this is disappointing. . .
I didn't even know there ever was such a thing as AP merchandise, and it's already been discontinued! :lol:
Bummer! :lookaroun

Zummi Gummi

Original Poster
I really don't understand that with Disney. I know they probably don't make that much money out of these merchandise, but you'd think that it would be good "advertizing" for them to have guests see that there are many AP holders around. So why they don't have more merchandise, or stock them, I have no idea.

Luckily, we bought several AP stuff a while back, including the t-shirts and polo shirts. I have suggested to them that they should also have a backpack for annual passholder, very much like the one Disney Visa had a couple of years ago for new members. I've worn that so much, it's beginning to tear. Disney lacks a good backpack for adults. I don't care for the ones they have currently in the stores.

Zz.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the advertising. I would have bought the Polo shirt, and worn it to places like work, where I would have been asked any number of questions about the AP, and how it is worth it to get one if you go x number of days, or more than once a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom