AP renewals will not be allowed

SoCalDisneyLover

In California…passes are all but ended in Florida as it stands now…
2 of the original 4 Magic Keys are still available. You could purchase one today, and have it valid until May 2023.

If they wanted to get rid of them, they could have tried that on for size a few more months last year.

They are going to offer the Magic Keys. They are going to keep requiring reservations. Neither of those will change.

Vegas Disney Fan

If they want to see their attendance drop 20-30%, they'll do exactly that.
I think it would be substantially higher than that at DL, probably closer to 50% attendance drop. They can’t afford not to have APs but they also can’t accommodate them all at the current price. I think the only real solution is more expensive APs that don’t require reservations. $1000 for the one with a lot of blackout dates, $1500 for the one with fewer black out dates, $2000 for the one with no blackout dates. They could probably get away with a $500 pass thats only good Mon-Wed (minus the summer).

It will change eventually. Just not sure when.
I liked this because that’s what I wan‘t but I’m not optimistic.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They’re going to eliminate annual passes…both places.

The writing has been on the wall.

No more “freeloaders” showing up when they want.

The Bobs. Make excuses for them if you wish
Not likely in my opinion, especially not at DLR. Why start a new one if the goal was really to eliminate them completely all along, sorry but that writing on the wall might be written in invisible washable marker. The pandemic gave them the perfect opportunity to eliminate APs completely, but instead they introduced the new program which is now less than a year old.

I see more adjustments coming pending the outcome of the AP trial, but not a complete elimination of the program. Plus if they did they would be one of the only major theme parks in the country that didn't offer some kind of AP/Season Pass program. Which the competition would run marketing campaigns on and eat into their market share even more, so yeah not likely.

More likely that post AP trial they pause all AP sales/renewals, make changes to terms, and then introduce APs with the new terms.

CaptinEO

I hope this is false.
My first thought is, what about the many theme park vloggers and live streamers who for them it isn't a vacation or weekend retreat. It's their BUSINESS, their livelihoods. What, are they supposed to shell out for individual tickets just to do their job??
Oh the humanity!

Someone think of the vloggers who need to ride Space Mountain for the 18 thousandth time.

How can they live their childhood for the 30 millionth time without a discounted admission option!

Sorry kids, lines are bigger, Timothy Tracker and Fresh Baked need to be the first to take pictures of a new planter.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not likely in my opinion, especially not at DLR. Why start a new one if the goal was really to eliminate them completely all along, sorry but that writing on the wall might be written in invisible washable marker. The pandemic gave them the perfect opportunity to eliminate APs completely, but instead they introduced the new program which is now less than a year old.

I see more adjustments coming pending the outcome of the AP trial, but not a complete elimination of the program. Plus if they did they would be one of the only major theme parks in the country that didn't offer some kind of AP/Season Pass program. Which the competition would run marketing campaigns on and eat into their market share even more, so yeah not likely.

More likely that post AP trial they pause all AP sales/renewals, make changes to terms, and then introduce APs with the new terms.
Of course…nobody thinks they won’t get what they want. How could that ever be?

But they won’t continue somekind of a “legacy” program indefinitely. It has to be open for sales…not just fanatic renewals.

If they sell to everyone - you have your answer. If they don’t, you also have your answer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh the humanity!

Someone think of the vloggers who need to ride Space Mountain for the 18 thousandth time.

How can they live their childhood for the 30 millionth time without a discounted admission option!

Sorry kids, lines are bigger, Timothy Tracker and Fresh Baked need to be the first to take pictures of a new planter.
…ok…the was definitely worth a chuckle 😂

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Of course…nobody thinks they won’t get what they want. How could that ever be?

But they won’t continue somekind of a “legacy” program indefinitely. It has to be open for sales…not just fanatic renewals.

If they sell to everyone - you have your answer. If they don’t, you also have your answer.
Given that you can still purchase the Enchant Key for DLR today is a pretty strong indication of where their mind is at. So they haven’t stopped ALL passes being sold, hence isn’t looking to discontinue the program completely at least not yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Given that you can still purchase the Enchant Key for DLR today is a pretty strong indication of where their mind is at. So they haven’t stopped ALL passes being sold, hence isn’t looking to discontinue the program completely at least not yet.
No but that’s not what I’m saying - which I think you can follow. They have to have a non-restricted program of some kind or it’s a signal they aren’t committed to it. They sold Florida for exactly 60 days…then shut it down for going on 200.

This is - mind you - restricted for the people they want…mostly the DVC types that come for 2 weeks a year. And they have open reservations for parks 90% of the time until close in.

Something is going on here. They’ll blame staffing…it’s not that. Somebody very high up has been quietly pushing for elimination…
Follow the clues.

If not elimination - it’s gonna be massive price increase…like a country club. 🙄
They systematically train people on what they want them to pay. That’s more Bob’s than anything. That might be the limbo going on now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No but that’s not what I’m saying - which I think you can follow. They have to have a non-restricted program of some kind or it’s a signal they aren’t committed to it. They sold Florida for exactly 60 days…then shut it down for going on 200.

This is - mind you - restricted for the people they want…mostly the DVC types that come for 2 weeks a year. And they have open reservations for parks 90% of the time until close in.

Something is going on here. They’ll blame staffing…it’s not that. Somebody very high up has been quietly pushing for elimination…
Follow the clues.

If not elimination - it’s gonna be massive price increase…like a country club. 🙄
They systematically train people on what they want them to pay. That’s more Bob’s than anything. That might be the limbo going on now.
If you say so, but you can't just look at what is happening at WDW. DLR has an AP program too, and at least one pass is still selling today.

Also reservations are pretty much here to stay, AP program or no AP program.

What it appears to me is that again they are waiting for the AP lawsuit to end before they determine whats next. If ruling is in their favor then its business as usual, with maybe a slight change to marketing to be clear about the reservations. If ruling goes against them then changes are coming, but still the program will exist not be eliminated.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you say so, but you can't just look at what is happening at WDW. DLR has an AP program too, and at least one pass is still selling today.

Also reservations are pretty much here to stay, AP program or no AP program.

What it appears to me is that again they are waiting for the AP lawsuit to end before they determine whats next. If ruling is in their favor then its business as usually, with maybe a slight change to marketing to be clear about the reservations. If ruling goes against them then changes are coming, but still the program will exist not be eliminated.
I’m well aware of the differences. But you know that…feel free to lecture the obvious though.

If not for Disneyland, I think the AP program would be shutdown now - pending further review. They are also carefully studying/tracking what former AP holders are doing…rest assured. And how the new “key” ones are functioning/attending

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m well aware of the differences. But you know that…feel free to lecture the obvious though.

If not for Disneyland, I think the AP program would be shutdown now - pending further review. They are also carefully studying/tracking what former AP holders are doing…rest assured. And how the new “key” ones are functioning/attending
I have no doubt that TDO would love to do away with their AP/Keys or whatever else they want to call them. But DLR will always be different, and will likely keep their AP/Keys in-place for as long as possible.

So you keep watching that wall with the writing on it, and let me know when that ink is dry and clear that the program will be eliminated completely on either coast.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have no doubt that TDO would love to do away with their AP/Keys or whatever else they want to call them. But DLR will always be different, and will likely keep their AP/Keys in-place for as long as possible.

So you keep watching that wall with the writing on it, and let me know when that ink is dry and clear that the program will be eliminated completely on either coast.
It boils down to how much you believe the yutz in the name tag. There’s enough evidence -
Especially recently - to proceed with caution.

TrainsOfDisney

I would think the opposite. DLR is the resort that can get over run with locals. WDW Resort needs passholders to attend the Epcot festivals etc.

I can actually buy into the idea that DL would make more money without passholders. But WDW needs them - not the locals. But the ones in south Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Carolinas, etc. those are the passholders they want and need. They visit 3-5 times a year and usually stay on property. It’s silly to drive them away.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would think the opposite. DLR is the resort that can get over run with locals. WDW Resort needs passholders to attend the Epcot festivals etc.

I can actually buy into the idea that DL would make more money without passholders. But WDW needs them - not the locals. But the ones in south Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Carolinas, etc. those are the passholders they want and need. They visit 3-5 times a year and usually stay on property. It’s silly to drive them away.
What we’re not talking about…is another net effect of no APs…

It’s a reduction in repeat offenders to make room for the bigger one day spenders.

Now…I’m 100% on record as saying Disney does NOT want less attendance. Because they don’t. Take that too the bank. There’s all this postulating about how they are “strategically” reducing attendance. But that is wrong. That is for a world where Disney isnt public and there is no Wall Street.

But…but…they have major capacity problems because in the end, Bob Iger did net nothing and fell behind too far and had no way to handle his crowds and maintain the illusion of “Disney parks”.

Bad management. Make up excuses…go ahead. Just bring it.

So the loss/suspension of passes is a very convenient stopgap to try and make it look good…as it currently stands.

Whatever your opinion…the current program is not an annual pass program. It’s slotting and restricted so the numbers fall…deliberately.

Phroobar

Every few years they try to move Disneyland's management to Florida and every time Disneyland suffers. Eventually someone figures out that Florida can't run the west coast the same because they lose money or bad press happens due to a fatality. We are just in one of those low points again.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Every few years they try to move Disneyland's management to Florida and every time Disneyland suffers. Eventually someone figures out that Florida can't run the west coast the same because they lose money or bad press happens due to a fatality. We are just in one of those low points again.
…stay tuned on all that. Somebody in the swamps is trying to make a name on making Disney look stupid.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think both coasts absolutely need pass-holders to keep the parks full, I also think both coasts want to reduce the number of pass-holders so they have more tickets available to the higher dollar day guest.

I can’t see any scenario where they eliminate pass-holders completely because the drop in attendance and income would be massive.

This is a simple pricing issue, I’m seriously mystified why they’ve decided to ignore the obvious solution that not only solves the problem but also creates more revenue and have decided to come up with some convoluted reservation system that leaves everyone upset, disappointed, and likely will result in less revenue in the long term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom