AP renewals will not be allowed

Ryan120420

The Magic Key passes that are coming up for renewals are people who upgraded Military tickets that had an extended window of use. Anyone who used those tickets towards and upgrade had their expiration date of their Magic Key backdated to the first day of use of their original tickets, which would be before August 25th.

People who purchased and made their first visit to the parks with a Magic Key on August 25th last year, their renewal window opens on July 16th.

I'm willing to bet this was an oversight by Disney and renewals will be allowed. We should hear about the renewal options the closer we get to July.

Vegas Disney Fan

Are people planning on renewing anyway?

We bought Dream keys because we can only go on weekends, we are up for renewal in August (3 months away) and we are now worried we won’t be able to snag a single reservation before our renewal date because we can’t book 3 months in advance.

There’s no sense in paying $1400 to renew passes we can’t even use most of the year. We’ve only managed to get in 5 trips so far, vs 10-11 a year with our old Signature AP, so at best we’ll break even, at worst we paid more, versus just paying cash for day tickets.

Unless you can go weekdays, can book months in advance, or live close enough that you can go last minute if reservations open back up the Keys are totally worthless.

Unless park reservations disappear in the next couple months we won’t be renewing and it’ll be the first time in over a decade we won’t be passholders.

Mickeyboof

We bought Dream keys because we can only go on weekends, we are up for renewal in August (3 months away) and we are now worried we won’t be able to snag a single reservation before our renewal date because we can’t book 3 months in advance.

There’s no sense in paying $1400 to renew passes we can’t even use most of the year. We’ve only managed to get in 5 trips so far, vs 10-11 a year with our old Signature AP, so at best we’ll break even, at worst we paid more, versus just paying cash for day tickets.

Unless you can go weekdays, can book months in advance, or live close enough that you can go last minute if reservations open back up the Keys are totally worthless.

Unless park reservations disappear in the next couple months we won’t be renewing and it’ll be the first time in over a decade we won’t be passholders.

If you don’t renew, would you become regular day guest? Would you pick a few weekends out per year and pay for day tickets? Just curious what you’re thinking of doing. This whole situation is so unfortunate!

CaptinEO

They would, but current leadership sees it as a valuable tool to manage labor costs and they have said repeatedly that it will stay.
They definitely won't have me even consider an "AP" or "magical key" until I can show up when I want.

Very disappointing. Visiting USH soon, I may end up upgrading to an AP since it's so cheap and I can actually show up at anytime.

Ryan120420

I'm not renewing.

The park experience since the launch of Genie Plus SUCKS. I refuse to pay premium prices and get treated like a 2nd class guest at the park.

Phroobar

I say the less "AP" or "magical key" holders there are the better. If no one renews they would need to come up with a better system. No other theme park in the country makes you reserve dates to show up. Why does Disney always make things difficult?

SBlake

I hope this is false.
My first thought is, what about the many theme park vloggers and live streamers who for them it isn't a vacation or weekend retreat. It's their BUSINESS, their livelihoods. What, are they supposed to shell out for individual tickets just to do their job??

Sailor310

I got a pass and went regularly with two friends. One of them stopped going this month. I had a reservation for last Thursday. I felt so burned out on the place that it wasn't worth driving 45 min to the park by myself and cancelled my reservation. I realized the draw of DL was an excuse to hang out with friends for the day and have a nice meal at GCH. I don't know if I'll renew.

Vegas Disney Fan

If you don’t renew, would you become regular day guest? Would you pick a few weekends out per year and pay for day tickets? Just curious what you’re thinking of doing. This whole situation is so unfortunate!
We’ll still go 2-3 weekends a year, just on day passes instead of APs.

Both myself and my gf are huge Disney fans so I dont think we’ll ever stop going completely, but they are driving us to spend less vacation time (and money) doing Disney things.

For comparison in 2018 we did 9 weekends at DL, 2 separate week long trips at WDW, and a 10 day trip at DL Paris (our base while in Europe, only a couple days actually in the park), we were in a Disney park every month of the year and that was 100% of our vacations. This year we‘ve done 5 weekends in DL and a week in WDW, so every other month at Disney, but also did a week in Hawaii and a week long Alaskan cruise (not DCL). So far for 2023 we’ve booked a weeklong trip in WDW, a 4 night Disney cruise, and will probably add 2-3 weekend trips in DL, a little less than every other month, we are already planning trips to Washington DC, Yellowstone, and probably another trip to Hawaii to fill in the gaps.

It’s still a lot of vacation dollars going towards Disney but probably 50% less than we gave them in 2018.

Th3 DUd3

I hope this is false.
My first thought is, what about the many theme park vloggers and live streamers who for them it isn't a vacation or weekend retreat. It's their BUSINESS, their livelihoods. What, are they supposed to shell out for individual tickets just to do their job??
First and foremost, if you made this your day job, shame on you. You have no one else to blame for a poor decision. Trying to ride the YouTube, Instagram, TikTok money train was, is and will always be a gamble. I have no remorse for these people who throw away fought careers on a whim. I will actually find it refreshing to discover secrets or new things without absolutely EVERYTHING being ruined beforehand. Let’s also not feel bad for all those who re-sell things on EBAY so that even the most normal person can’t get one at cost. That said….more regular people posting guests who unfortunately can’t hold their bladder on Pirates. At least everyone knows where the smell comes from.

Californian Elitist

First and foremost, if you made this your day job, shame on you. You have no one else to blame for a poor decision. Trying to ride the YouTube, Instagram, TikTok money train was, is and will always be a gamble. I have no remorse for these people who throw away fought careers on a whim. I will actually find it refreshing to discover secrets or new things without absolutely EVERYTHING being ruined beforehand. Let’s also not feel bad for all those who re-sell things on EBAY so that even the most normal person can’t get one at cost. That said….more regular people posting guests who unfortunately can’t hold their bladder on Pirates. At least everyone knows where the smell comes from.
Is this a serious post?

Parteecia

Perhaps, because they were sued for having less dream key reservation availability than day tickets, this is a pause to rewrite the fine print?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’re going to eliminate annual passes…both places.

The writing has been on the wall.

No more “freeloaders” showing up when they want.

The Bobs. Make excuses for them if you wish

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If they want to see their attendance drop 20-30%, they'll do exactly that.
In California…passes are all but ended in Florida as it stands now…

Bob needs money…as in the stock owners demand it…so he’s betting you’ll come
Around.

Because disney customers don’t show a spine.

If you’re Slaphead…what do you have to lose? He’s already in deep trouble and only money from the marks will bail him out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom