AP Refund Report

Tamandua

Original Poster
Let us know if you receive your refund and if it's what you expect it to be, or more or less. Also, I'm curious to know what they do if you used multiple payment methods (cash, gift cards, credit card) or if your payment card has since been canceled.

Becky

Let us know if you receive your refund and if it's what you expect it to be, or more or less. Also, I'm curious to know what they do if you used multiple payment methods (cash, gift cards, credit card) or if your payment card has since been canceled.
We had a voucher that was not activated. We called a couple of days before they announced the AP cancelations and were offered a full refund to our credit card including the money for MaxPass. The Cast Member had NOT been informed of Disney's plan to cancel AP's as reading from a script she offered a choice of refund or extension and said we should consider that the AP "price could increase". Finally our refund was on our credit card the same day we called.

D.Silentu

Not an Annual Pass per se, but in February I bought the discounted three day ticket so I could have a chance to ride Ride Of The Resistance. I only used two of the three days and am curious if I shall be receiving a refund for the third. I have no idea how it would be valued, as it was the equivalent of a one day park hopper.

Last edited:

TP2000

Not an Annual Pass per se, but in February I bought the discounted three day ticket so I could have a chance to ride Ride Of The Resistance. I only used two of the three days and am curious if I shall be receiving a refund for the third. I have no idea how it would be valued, as it was the equivalent of a one day park hopper.

Disneyland has historically honored all previously purchased ticket media. I would assume they would extend the expiration date of your three-day ticket by at least the length of the Disneyland closure.

Curious Constance

I have five day Maxpass park hoppers I thought I was so clever to have purchased last year in February just before a price increase. As does my brother. He has called them a few times and they are adamant, they do not refund ticket only purchases. They just allow you to use the value of the tickets towards a future ticket purchase. So if tickets increased by $5 the next year when you want to use your tickets, you’d just pay the difference. I believe they may have extended the expiration dates though too because of the closure.

Curious Constance

I’m not mad Disney won’t refund me mind you. I’ve always been glad I’ll have the tickets there waiting for me when it’s open/safe/reasonable to go again. It’s like a vacation savings account. Hahaha
I just want me and my family to get vaccinated ASAP and Disneyland to open this summer. So if anyone can help me out with either of those things, please do 😀

Snoballego

I paid for two in advance + Max Pass. I will be refunded for 308 days.

I visited the park two days in the first 57 days that I had the pass. I'll come out about even from if I had bought two 2-Day Hoppers if everything calculates correctly (and ahead when you account for the AP discounts that I earned on those two days on food, drinks, and merchandise.

I didn't get the official e-mail but I read somewhere that discounts will be extended. Can someone please share the details of that?

SuddenStorm

I’m not mad Disney won’t refund me mind you. I’ve always been glad I’ll have the tickets there waiting for me when it’s open/safe/reasonable to go again. It’s like a vacation savings account. Hahaha
I just want me and my family to get vaccinated ASAP and Disneyland to open this summer. So if anyone can help me out with either of those things, please do 😀

A good friend of mine felt the same way about their Signature AP. They were fine waiting for the parks to reopen, since the knew when they did they'd be able to go.

They weren't happy the day of the AP announcement.

Tamandua

Original Poster
They weren't happy the day of the AP announcement.
If you think about it, it was kind of a crappy move by Disney. All of the people who held onto their passes for ten months, many of whom probably could have used the money during the shutdowns, had to be looking forward to going back to the parks as soon as they could, and they let Disney hold onto their money during a very tough period for the company, and then when there's a light at the end of the tunnel, Disney tells them they can't keep their pass after all, but they can buy into a new system later that I think we can all expect to be less for more money. I think Disney could be a little more appreciative that so many people basically gave them a free loan while their business was getting hammered.

Becky

Has anyone received a refund?
As I replied less than a half hour after your original post yes we got a full refund including the $100 we paid for Maxpass. Call AP member services. Do not wait on Disney. We called and got the refund on our credit card the SAME day we called.

Tamandua

Original Poster
As I replied less than a half hour after your original post yes we got a full refund including the $100 we paid for Maxpass. Call AP member services. Do not wait on Disney. We called and got the refund on our credit card the SAME day we called.
I mean has anyone gotten a refund now that they are canceling all passes and blanket refunding everyone?

Tamandua

Original Poster
I called and asked about AP refund timeline and they don't really sound like they know what they're doing. They think they are going in order of expiration date on the passes, and if your pass has not yet expired, then you may have to wait until it expires before they attempt to refund it.

The whole thing sounds like a mess and they have no expected timeline for refunding all passholders. They must have really wanted to kill the AP program because they are in over their heads.

Mickeyboof

I bought a 5-day park hopper ticket for $372 for an early feb trip.

On my first day, Feb 8 2020, I spent $204 upgrading to Flex Pass (without max pass) for a total of $576.

The Flex Pass window price was $599 at the time of purchase (it would increase to $649 shortly after). I used my union discount tickets, saving $23 on the upgrade because they honor the window value of day tickets, not the paid value

I spent 7 *full* days in the parks that week.

Today, I received a $539.10 refund.

My 7 day trip only cost me $36.90!

Last edited:

SSG

I bought a 5-day park hopper ticket for $372 for an early feb trip.

On my first day, Feb 8 2020, I spent $204 upgrading to Flex Pass (without max pass) for a total of $576.

The Flex Pass window price was $599 at the time of purchase (it would increase to $649 shortly after). I used my union discount tickets, saving $23 on the upgrade because they honor the window value of day tickets, not the paid value

I spent 7 *full* days in the parks that week.

Today, I received a $539.10 refund.

My 7 day trip only cost me $36.90!
Same. Mid-February we had 5-day park hoppers ($790 for 2). Upgraded to Flex Passes on Day 1 (another $710 with Max Pass). Did the 5 days.

Got my refund yesterday. $1410.

Two adults at Disneyland for 5 days. 90 bucks.

I have no idea how they calculated that number 😎

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Same. Mid-February we had 5-day park hoppers ($790 for 2). Upgraded to Flex Passes on Day 1 (another $710 with Max Pass). Did the 5 days.

Got my refund yesterday. $1410.

Two adults at Disneyland for 5 days. 90 bucks.

I have no idea how they calculated that number 😎
If they told you, you wouldn’t understand, so they’re going to keep it to themselves. 🙂

Th3 DUd3

I got an email 1/22, but no funds yet

Dear Annual Passholder,​

Thank you for your understanding as we work through this incredibly challenging and unprecedented time. Your pro rata refund has been processed to the credit card used to purchase your Annual Passport, or the most recent credit card used for payment towards your Passport, as applicable, but it can take approximately 7 to 10 business days to receive. This timeframe may vary from one financial institution to another.

For more information on Annual Passport refunds, please visit Disneyland.com/PassportRefund.

We encourage you to stay connected with the Disneyland Annual Passholders Facebook page as we plan to continue our Annual Passport communication and digital content with more special opportunities to come, until new membership offerings are announced.

Again, thank you for your loyalty over the years and your continued support.​
Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Team​

UPDATE: I did get a refund on 1/18

Tamandua

Original Poster
I got an email 1/22, but no funds yet

Dear Annual Passholder,​

Thank you for your understanding as we work through this incredibly challenging and unprecedented time. Your pro rata refund has been processed to the credit card used to purchase your Annual Passport, or the most recent credit card used for payment towards your Passport, as applicable, but it can take approximately 7 to 10 business days to receive. This timeframe may vary from one financial institution to another.

For more information on Annual Passport refunds, please visit Disneyland.com/PassportRefund.

We encourage you to stay connected with the Disneyland Annual Passholders Facebook page as we plan to continue our Annual Passport communication and digital content with more special opportunities to come, until new membership offerings are announced.

Again, thank you for your loyalty over the years and your continued support.​
Disneyland Resort Annual Passport Team​

UPDATE: I did get a refund on 1/18
You got a refund before the email?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom