AP MyMagic+ Update

Johnny Hess

Side note, went to Epcot twice this week, no Mission Space fast passes left either morning. It is very popular being the only thrill on Tier 2.

Our FP for Mission Space was at 10:10 AM and we waited just as long as standby ... it was pointless lol

Edit - The wait was only 15 minutes and we pretty much walked right on just like the standby line.

Last edited:

horizons82

First, let me say that I am an AP holder, and have never stayed at an on-site hotel and have no plans for a hotel stay until Sept of this year.

When I very recently logged into MDE, just for fun I clicked the button to make FastPass+ plans and it said that I will be able to make FP+ plans on April 8.

At first I didn't think anything of it, but after a few minutes I realized that April 8th was WAY more than 60 days before my Sept hotel stay, so maybe APs are going to have full FP+ access in April!?

I also don't recall seeing this date when I tried to click on the FP+ link just a few weeks ago, so maybe this is a sign FP+ access is going to be available to passholders to make advance arrangements. Or at the very least, perhaps this April 8 date is the 60 day mark from which APs will be granted full access to FP+.

Any other rumors or anyone else notice this in their MDE when they click to make FP+ plans? April 8 seems significant in some way...either that is the day APs will be able to start using FP+ or is the date 60 days away from being able to use it.

BTW, I got this April 8 date when using the link on the main sign-in page, not under the drop down menu under the MDE logo.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney sent this email to APs this weekend:

http://view.passholder.disneyparks....670&jb=ff69157474&ju=fe5717727d670d7c7213&r=0

So the MyMagic+ update is that there is no update at all for MyMagic+ for APs.

Now it does tell me to register my AP, but then tells me that it has already been registered.... which it has not.

Typical - Can Disney IT do ANYTHING RIGHT????,

Prepare to spend hours on phone with tech support once this happens you cannot link AP's to account because an AP is 'already' linked and Disney does not seem to have a way to 'unlink' the dummy AP. I think Disney was testing with LIVE data and screwed up a bunch of accounts in the process.

This is what happened with my Premier Pass something invalid was linked to my account and could not be unlinked.

Last edited:
Disney sent this email to APs this weekend:

http://view.passholder.disneyparks....670&jb=ff69157474&ju=fe5717727d670d7c7213&r=0

So the MyMagic+ update is that there is no update at all for MyMagic+ for APs.

Now it does tell me to register my AP, but then tells me that it has already been registered.... which it has not.
I have been assuming that whenever this starts, AP folks will be able to book FPP 60 days out. But couldn't this totally screw up the system? What if folks just start doing it every day just in case they want to go but have not concrete plans (local folks?) just wondering what folks think. Will they institute a penalty for missed FPP like they are for ADR's?

horizons82

BearsMom,

I also wondered about the issue of APs being able to reserve endless FP+ times which they may or may not make. If APs could make plans for all 60 days it could totally use up all FP times not letting hotel guests have a chance.

However, what I've heard is that they are going to allow APs to only make up to 7 days worth of FP+ reservations at any one time, so that would help with that potential problem. Some people have worried APs will only be allowed 7 within a period, but I don't think that is the case...I think it's just that you won't be able to maintain more than 7 days worth at a time, but the amount of days you can make FP arrangements will be unlimited.

And lilclerk...the "no one in your party has access to FP+ dates" notice is the exact same message I was getting until just two days ago when I started to see where this actual date of April 8 was then showing as to when I could make FP+ arrangements instead of the "no one in your party...".

mergatroid

Just registered Mrs M & my AP's on MDE site. Out of interest if/when we eventually become able to make FP+ reservations will we qualify for free magic bands or have to pay for the privilidge (if at all)?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
ford91exploder said:
Typical - Can Disney IT do ANYTHING RIGHT????,

Prepare to spend hours on phone with tech support once this happens you cannot link AP's to account because an AP is 'already' linked and Disney does not seem to have a way to 'unlink' the dummy AP. I think Disney was testing with LIVE data and screwed up a bunch of accounts in the process.

This is what happened with my Premier Pass something invalid was linked to my account and could not be unlinked.
Mine is a reissued pass because of a previous mislinking issue.

What a train wreck.

donsullivan

Premium Member
BearsMom,

I also wondered about the issue of APs being able to reserve endless FP+ times which they may or may not make. If APs could make plans for all 60 days it could totally use up all FP times not letting hotel guests have a chance.

However, what I've heard is that they are going to allow APs to only make up to 7 days worth of FP+ reservations at any one time, so that would help with that potential problem. Some people have worried APs will only be allowed 7 within a period, but I don't think that is the case...I think it's just that you won't be able to maintain more than 7 days worth at a time, but the amount of days you can make FP arrangements will be unlimited.

And lilclerk...the "no one in your party has access to FP+ dates" notice is the exact same message I was getting until just two days ago when I started to see where this actual date of April 8 was then showing as to when I could make FP+ arrangements instead of the "no one in your party...".

As an Orlando local Passholder, I got tired of waiting for communication from Disney so I paid what I call the Passholder Tax and booked a one night stay at Pop 2 weekends ago. As a result of that stay I now have full access to advance reservations even though I do not have a resort stay.

I now have the ability to book FastPass+ on a rolling 60 day calendar and I can have reservations on any 7 unique calendar days during that 60 day window at any one time. Once you have 7 days of reservations booked, you have to either use a day, let it expire or cancel it before you can book another day. All of the 3FP+ and one park per day constraints are the same as for non-Passholder resort guests. You can link other eligible guests and book shared FP+ as well as copy your reservations to another eligible guest in either the website or mobile app.

I made reservations on Sunday morning from home to go to DHS and ended up riding TSMM for the first time in over 4 years as a result. Once I got there, I was even able to change the time of one of my FP+ just like resort guests have been able to do for months now.

Basically, the ability to do this has been active in Disney's systems since last fall but they have not been able/willing to activate Passholders except after a resort stay.

JohnD

As an Orlando local Passholder, I got tired of waiting for communication from Disney so I paid what I call the Passholder Tax and booked a one night stay at Pop 2 weekends ago. As a result of that stay I now have full access to advance reservations even though I do not have a resort stay.

I now have the ability to book FastPass+ on a rolling 60 day calendar and I can have reservations on any 7 unique calendar days during that 60 day window at any one time. Once you have 7 days of reservations booked, you have to either use a day, let it expire or cancel it before you can book another day. All of the 3FP+ and one park per day constraints are the same as for non-Passholder resort guests. You can link other eligible guests and book shared FP+ as well as copy your reservations to another eligible guest in either the website or mobile app.

I made reservations on Sunday morning from home to go to DHS and ended up riding TSMM for the first time in over 4 years as a result. Once I got there, I was even able to change the time of one of my FP+ just like resort guests have been able to do for months now.

Basically, the ability to do this has been active in Disney's systems since last fall but they have not been able/willing to activate Passholders except after a resort stay.

That's true. I'm a FR AP holder too. Of course, in my case, I live 4 hours away, so had a reason to make a resort reservation when I came to WDW. I've been able to book FP+ since my resort stay over Veteran's Day weekend.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I visited guest relations today and was told the email should not have prompted registration until we get magic hands. So, just wait for my magic band and try again then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom