AP FP+ help!

erins3204

Original Poster
So from what I understand DAK & MK are only FP+ now. We are local AP and will be headed to AK on Sunday. Why can't I choose my FP+ on my disney app? It doesn't give me the option? Or am I missing something?

jlsHouston

I just read that section and it appears you can only use your app to make advance FP+ selections if you are staying onsite at the WDW resort.

KellyELock

Annual Passholders currently have to go to one of the FastPass+ kiosks in AK and MK. We are passholders and were at AK Sunday, and the guy told me that we'd be able to start booking our FastPass+ options online in the next month or two...he didn't know a date. But as of now, he said the only way to get fast passes at AK and starting today, MK, is by visiting one of the FastPass+ kiosks. My advice is not to go to the kiosk by Kilamanjaro Safaris. It seemed to be the most crowded kiosk because that was the first place people seemed to realize they needed to go to a kiosk for their fast pass+ options.

JohnD

Only WDW resort guests can use the app or site to make FP+ reservations.

See: FastPass+ at the Magic Kingdom - what you need to know ahead of today's removal of legacy FASTPASS

I would amend the answer to say that, for APs, FP+ is "Stay once, always have access." If you've never been a resort guest, you can't make FP+ in advance. But if you have a reservation for a resort--were talking AP holders here--you not only can start making your FP+ reservations 60 days from your check-in date, you continue to have access after your resort stay, provided your AP allows it. For example, I have a FR Seasonal Pass. I stayed at POFQ Sept 29 - Oct 5. I can make FP+ from today to 60 days out right now, but not during block out periods.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I would amend the answer to say that, for APs, FP+ is "Stay once, always have access." If you've never been a resort guest, you can't make FP+ in advance. But if you have a reservation for a resort--were talking AP holders here--you not only can start making your FP+ reservations 60 days from your check-in date, you continue to have access after your resort stay, provided your AP allows it. For example, I have a FR Seasonal Pass. I stayed at POFQ Sept 29 - Oct 5. I can make FP+ from today to 60 days out right now, but not during block out periods.

Linking AP's and especially PAP and Premier Passports to MB is sketchy at best, Most of the time it works but if it does not its likely Disney is not likely to be able to fix issue without the expenditure of a large amount of your time and in some cases not at all.

JohnD

Linking AP's and especially PAP and Premier Passports to MB is sketchy at best, Most of the time it works but if it does not its likely Disney is not likely to be able to fix issue without the expenditure of a large amount of your time and in some cases not at all.

Then bring your AP card with you for admisson/FP+. Problem solved. The MB is great--when it works. When it doesn't and you haven't prepared for a contingency, well, you're out of luck. Always bring a KTTW card (you can request one for room key/charging), AP/ticket card, and your credit card. You're covered if something goes wrong with the MB or it's lost.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Then bring your AP card with you for admisson/FP+. Problem solved. The MB is great--when it works. When it doesn't and you haven't prepared for a contingency, well, you're out of luck. Always bring a KTTW card (you can request one for room key/charging), AP/ticket card, and your credit card. You're covered if something goes wrong with the MB or it's lost.

Of course I had all those things, However when staying onsite unless you have valid ticket media you cannot reserve a FP+ in advance unless admission media is linked to MDE account,

Those of us who have Premium Media like AP's or Premier passports have been having severe issues with linking that media. I've had two onsite stays with MB and Disney has not been able to link premier passport in spite of 12 hours and counting on phone with tech support. The linking seems to work reliably only with packages and magic my way tickets

DisneyCane

Does anybody know what the FP+ policies will be for APs once Passholders can use FP+? How far in advance will reservations be allowed? What will be the limit on number of FPs in a given time period? If you think you are going to go and reserve FP+ but then change your mind and cancel them, will that count against the limit?

familyfun2014

We are local residents and just purchased Annual Passes for the first time on January 11th. Our experience with the FP+ has been limited to two day trips (AK & MK) and both have not been good experiences. My question is, if we stay for a night at a Disney Resort and link the MagicBands (from our stay) to our MyDisneyExperience Accounts (which have our Annual Passes linked) would we be able to book future FP+ reservations from the app rather than standing in the FP+ kiosk line? (Our passes don't have black out dates) Thanks!

Rob562

We are local residents and just purchased Annual Passes for the first time on January 11th. Our experience with the FP+ has been limited to two day trips (AK & MK) and both have not been good experiences. My question is, if we stay for a night at a Disney Resort and link the MagicBands (from our stay) to our MyDisneyExperience Accounts (which have our Annual Passes linked) would we be able to book future FP+ reservations from the app rather than standing in the FP+ kiosk line? (Our passes don't have black out dates) Thanks!

Yes, you will for dates starting with your checkin date and beyond. (Though you'll only have the ability to make a maximum of 7 days' worth of active FP+ reservations for dates that you're not staying on-site)

But depending on how pressing your need is to get access to FP+, you might want to wait and see if Disney rolls out Bands and MDE access to all AP holders. IMO, that is most likely the next step after all parks get rid of same-day FP (which happens next week).

-Rob

JohnD

Yes, you will for dates starting with your checkin date and beyond. (Though you'll only have the ability to make a maximum of 7 days' worth of active FP+ reservations for dates that you're not staying on-site)

But depending on how pressing your need is to get access to FP+, you might want to wait and see if Disney rolls out Bands and MDE access to all AP holders. IMO, that is most likely the next step after all parks get rid of same-day FP (which happens next week).

-Rob

I'm a Florida Resident but not a "local". It would be a 4 hour drive for me. More often than not, I would need to stay somewhere. Since I've already stayed at a resort, nothing really changes for me. I can stay on- or off-site now. But I can see the benefit of other APs who decide to stay, well, off-site and still use FP+ in advance. To date, I haven't stayed more than 7 days anyway, so don't know if that particular restriction would affect me.

familyfun2014

-Rob
Thanks for the info Rob. I'll talk with my husband and we will look at our options. Being able to "only" book 7 days out is not an issue as I want to be able to book the same day from my phone. Thanks again!

Rob562

Thanks for the info Rob. I'll talk with my husband and we will look at our options. Being able to "only" book 7 days out is not an issue as I want to be able to book the same day from my phone. Thanks again!

Just a clarification, the window to make FP+ reservations once you've got your Band is 60 days out, just like on-site Guests. The restriction is that you're limited to a total of 7 days within that 60-day window that you can make FP+ reservations. So lets say you make 3 days of FP+ reservations for next week, and 4 days of FP+ for next month. if you try and make another day you'll get an error until either a) you use one of your days of reservations, or b) you cancel one of your days' (or they get auto-cancelled by not using them).

But if all you're looking for is same-day FP+ one day at a time, then you won't have any worries about the restrictions.

-Rob

DisneyCane

Is there any technical reason that AP holders (or anybody else for that matter) will need Magic Bands instead of normal RFID cards like we have now to use advanced FP+ bookings? Aren't the Bands just the same RFID chip on a wrist band instead of in a card?

Also, how will AP holder magic bands work for parking?

Rob562

Is there any technical reason that AP holders (or anybody else for that matter) will need Magic Bands instead of normal RFID cards like we have now to use advanced FP+ bookings? Aren't the Bands just the same RFID chip on a wrist band instead of in a card?

Also, how will AP holder magic bands work for parking?

Once FP+ expands to AP holders no, and AP holder won't need the Magic Band to access the parks or FP+. They can use an RFID card, if they choose. They can even use a card and Band interchangeably.

-Rob

jakeman

Ours were linked to our MB in about 15 minutes at guest services and we had no issues with them moving forward.

Maybe...just maybe...the system is better than when you used it and it ate your baby last year...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ours were linked to our MB in about 15 minutes at guest services and we had no issues with them moving forward.

Maybe...just maybe...the system is better than when you used it and it ate your baby last year...

Still try every couple of weeks no joy - so system is in my view is STILL a steaming pile of c--p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom