AP Expiration

Cmdr_Crimson

Just a few days ago my AP expired...Now I know you can renew it up to 30 days. But, I am curious to know..Since I'm not going back 1 year from today would it be better to renew it now or later at the end of the year at the base price?

Also If I did renew it now which would just be a printout validation to bring to Guest Services...would it still be good to use in 2018 or would I have to renew it again before I arrive next year?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It is always cheaper to renew an AP than buy it new. And if you choose to renew now, you will receive 13 months instead of the usual 12.
If you renew online you don't need to print out anything for your next visit. Your current MagicBand will work just fine. You will need to go to a Guest Services location (in any park or DS) to obtain a new Passholder discount card. A CM will ask for your ID and will scan your band before giving you the card.

Your renewal date will be 13 months from whenever your AP expired. But if you don't plan on visiting during that time, renewing your pass would be a waste of money. ;)

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
It is always cheaper to renew an AP than buy it new. And if you choose to renew now, you will receive 13 months instead of the usual 12.
If you renew online you don't need to print out anything for your next visit. Your current MagicBand will work just fine. You will need to go to a Guest Services location (in any park or DS) to obtain a new Passholder discount card. A CM will ask for your ID and will scan your band before giving you the card.

Your renewal date will be 13 months from whenever your AP expired. But if you don't plan on visiting during that time, renewing your pass would be a waste of money. ;)

My only concern is that it expired on the 23rd but, I won't be back until the 29th of 2018...Would that be also a part of the issue?

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just a few days ago my AP expired...Now I know you can renew it up to 30 days. But, I am curious to know..Since I'm not going back 1 year from today would it be better to renew it now or later at the end of the year at the base price?

Also If I did renew it now which would just be a printout validation to bring to Guest Services...would it still be good to use in 2018 or would I have to renew it again before I arrive next year?

It will expire, even if you don't use it, on whatever day in January is your "anniversary date" in 2018. So, if you were to renew now, you'd have to go again before that date in 2018.

So if you didn't go before then , you'd just spent several hundred $$$ for nothing.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
If you renew now, your pass would expire 2/23/2018.

Tuvalu is correct - I forgot about the 13 months promo (I renewed mine a week before they announced the promo...grrr.).

You still, though, need to go to GS to "activate" your renewal and get your AP card - Disney no longer provides a separate discount card.

Upvote 0

Stacey Yeggy

Tuvalu is correct - I forgot about the 13 months promo (I renewed mine a week before they announced the promo...grrr.).

You still, though, need to go to GS to "activate" your renewal and get your AP card - Disney no longer provides a separate discount card.

You can still get the 13 months. The same thing happened to me and I just went to guest relations and they updated it the extra month. I think your original expiration date may have to fall after the announcement date for the special extra month deal though. Mine was 18 oct but I renewed in September.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
You can still get the 13 months. The same thing happened to me and I just went to guest relations and they updated it the extra month. I think your original expiration date may have to fall after the announcement date for the special extra month deal though. Mine was 18 oct but I renewed in September.

Thank you do much for that tip! Mine expired 3 days after yours and I renewed in late September. I shall go by GS when I visit next month.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom