AP Does Not Cover Water Parks!!! Why Not?

ADStang

I just bought my AP from the local Disney store in anticipation of our 7/24 - 7/29 stay at the AKL. When I got back to work I read the fine print on the back of the AP Exchange Certicate and only saw mention of the 4 theme parks. Concerned, I called Disney and they confirmed the water parks are not covered, but they will be kind enough to give me a discount on the daily admission.

I thought I had this trip all figured out, but this was an unexpected surprise. Any idea (other than the obvious) why they do not include the water parks - or is the obvious (to make more $) the only reason?

RickEff

Originally posted by GaryT977
Aren't the water parks included with the Premium Annual Pass?

Gary,

That's correct. The Premium Annual Pass gives you entry into the four main parks, the water parks, Disney Quest, Disney Sports Complex and Pleasure Island for a year. The Annual Pass just gives you the four main parks - and of course, all the discounts associated with the pass!

ADStang, you can upgrade your passes at the gate for the difference in price to get all the add ons you want. I think it's about $120 US more. If you plan on using the water parks, Disney Quest and Pleasure Island more than about 6 times this year, it's worth the upgrade. Otherwise, you may find that the discounted ticket prices for single day entries into these places with the standard Annual Pass may be the best way to go.

Rick

Upvote 0

ADStang

Original Poster
Other discounts with the premium AP?

Are there other additional discounts (over the regular AP) that would make the premium worthwhile? I'll just buy day passes for the 1-2 visits we'll make to the waterparks if there aren't any additional benefits of the premium.

Thanks

Upvote 0

GaryT977

Re: Other discounts with the premium AP?

Originally posted by ADStang
Are there other additional discounts (over the regular AP) that would make the premium worthwhile? I'll just buy day passes for the 1-2 visits we'll make to the waterparks if there aren't any additional benefits of the premium.

Thanks

Restaurant discounts, hotel discounts, shopping discounts, mini-golf discounts, etc.

You get a little booklet that lists all of the benefits with the premium pass. I go to WDW twice a year, and I've had the premium pass for the last four years. For me, it's been well worth the price.

Upvote 0

RickEff

Re: Other discounts with the premium AP?

Originally posted by ADStang

Thanks

No, you get no additional discounts by buying a premium annual pass over a regular annual pass, just no charge entry into what's already been mentioned.

I *love* annual passes, and get them every year. The discounts generally pay for the passes (especially the resort discounts) and I love the freedom they give you. ie, half days in the parks are fine...you're not counting down the days on the passes.

Enjoy!

Rick

Upvote 0

josenk

I *love* annual passes, and get them every year.

If you go once per year, wouldn't it be better to get an Anual Pass every two years? On your second year, you go on vacation 1-2 weeks earlier... You can save almost 50% because renewing is cheaper then buying a new pass! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom