AP discount in August?

Joece

Hey,

I'm just wondering the chances of an AP discount for mid-late August at the deluxe resorts this year. I remember it was offered last year, and for select resorts earlier in this summer, and I am just wondering the chances of an AP rate this August at the deluxe resorts.

joece

durangojim

There's a pretty good chance that there will be one for Aug and Sept. If you go to mousesavers.com they show the historic ap discounts for the last number of years and there's almost always been some for that time of year.

Upvote 0

Rob562

If you have an AP and will be going during the right time frame, you might want to look into the Free Dining promotion.

I have an AP (the rest of our party won't) and using last year's AP rate for our rooms at Riverside, I calculated out what our rooms would cost under the assumed AP discount rate. The "break even" point was about $145 per person across the entire 8-day trip. So basically after $145 worth of food, everything beyond that is "free". Might not be the best option for you, but it's something you could look into.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Joece

Original Poster
We did the free dining last year at the WL, but won't be able to this year due to school/work schedule, but instead the week before.

This will be our first time going as Annual Passholders, finally after frequent visits.

I hope AP rates come out as soon possible, as I have my fingers crossed that most of the rooms won't sell out.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I hope AP rates come out as soon possible, as I have my fingers crossed that most of the rooms won't sell out.

Using past years as a guide, my prediction is that AP rates for late-summer into the Fall will come out around May 31st. It's just a guess, but the prediction for Free Dining using the same system was only a week off...

-Rob

Upvote 0

mcgoo29

sorry to ask but what are AP rates? We are going to POR from Aug 14-24 and since we are just missing out of the free dining any other discounts would help.

Upvote 0

Joece

Original Poster
An AP rate is a special rack rate room only discount for those with an 'Annual Pass'. It can be from 30-45 percent off, and is around for most, but not all dates of the year.

Buying an Annual Pass makes sense if your going to go more than once after your trip by August 14, 2008.

It may also make sense for longer visits.

For your calculations, the AP is $462 a person for adults.

The AP allows unlimited admission into any of the 4 parks, and you can also park hop.

For an extra $60, you also can get the DDE (Disney Dining Experience) card with it. This gives you a 20 percent food discount at most WDW restaurants.

joece

Upvote 0

Rob562

An AP rate is a special rack rate room only discount for those with an 'Annual Pass'. It can be from 30-45 percent off, and is around for most, but not all dates of the year.

Buying an Annual Pass makes sense if your going to go more than once after your trip by August 14, 2008.

It may also make sense for longer visits.

For your calculations, the AP is $462 a person for adults.

The AP allows unlimited admission into any of the 4 parks, and you can also park hop.

For an extra $60, you also can get the DDE (Disney Dining Experience) card with it. This gives you a 20 percent food discount at most WDW restaurants.

joece

Also, if AP hotel discount rates *do* come out for your time frame, it might be worth it for one adult in your party to buy an Annual Pass instead of whatever ticket you were going to get. The hotel discount might be more than the added expense of the ticket. Only one adult needs to have an AP to get the rate, and one AP-holder can get the discount for up to three rooms.

-Rob

Upvote 0

tigger1968

As already mentioned, if you have an AP and can't get the free dining, by all means purchase the Disney Dining Experience card. I think its around $60 or so these days. It will give you 20% off your meal at most sit down (table service) restaurants including drinks. One card is good for up to 10 people. You can also use it in the food courts at the resorts that don't have table service. We used our at Pop Century and were able to use it at POR. I think the food court at POR no longer qualifies though. At any rate, you get a list of all the restaurants where it is accepted. Definately worth the money, especially if you plan on any moderate or upscale dining!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom