AP Discount Advise from The Experts

savannahsmiles

I purchased and annual pass and am hoping to get the discount at the resort in June. Which do you guys think I have a better chance of getting?? CB or PO Riverside? When do the discount codes come out? Three months prior?

wannabeBelle

I dont think you would have much of a problem getting into either actually. The hard one for the Moderates seems to be Coronado. As far as when they are going to be released that is always the question!!!!! I am hoping for sometime soon as Id like to start planning my trip for late May. Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Ergens2 said:
Word on the street is Tom. or next week. Hey Pam can you confirm this rumor??

Shelley :wave:
OK Folks, Let's keep our eyes open and be alert here!!!! I was kinda thinking along the same lines Shelley, as this is about one week earlier than they came out last year!!! I hope I am right!!! Belle

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

Original Poster
Good to know the discount codes should be coming out soon. I will definitely be watching out for them! My daughter really wants to stay at CB, so that will be our first choice. Is it true you need to check in Monday thru Thursday?

Upvote 0

Ergens2

No. We think they say that to keep the one nighters and weekend stays down to a min.. Many people have reported getting the rates on Fri and Sat checkins. If you are staying at least a week then you should not have a prob!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have never done this personally but I read a post on this site that stated if you reserve your stay for a long period (say 2 weeks) you are more likely to get the AP discount. You can then at a later date cancel the nights you don’t need and still receive the discount. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

Upvote 0

Ergens2

Master Yoda said:
I have never done this personally but I read a post on this site that stated if you reserve your stay for a long period (say 2 weeks) you are more likely to get the AP discount. You can then at a later date cancel the nights you don’t need and still receive the discount. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?
Not true :) Rates depend on rooms available. The more rooms avail., the better chance you have of getting the resort you want. And the rooms avail. are based on resort occupancy. And of course, If you don't get what you want at first try calling back later! It has worked for me quite a few times!! BTW, we only book for a week or less and have always been able to get an AP rate! :D

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Ergens2 said:
Not true :) Rates depend on rooms available. The more rooms avail., the better chance you have of getting the resort you want. And the rooms avail. are based on resort occupancy. And of course, If you don't get what you want at first try calling back later! It has worked for me quite a few times!! BTW, we only book for a week or less and have always been able to get an AP rate! :D

Yeah What Shelley said!!! I have never had a problem and have stayed as little as two nights up to 7 nights so I dont think that matters!! Belle

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

I check Mousesavers daily, My family and I are looking into a June vacation (not the best time, but my sister can't miss school) and I'm waiting not so patiently for the discounts to come out. Good to hear there's at least a rumor that it should be soon.
We're looking into CB too!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

As I said befre this would coincide with what the general trends and previous release dates would be!!! I understand about the not so patiently too!!! I am waiting on the edge of my seat!!! Belle

Upvote 0

shakes20

Ergens2 said:

I agree. We tried using the AP discount last year for a 7 day trip that we took but it began before the discount took effect and the discounts were already unavailable for the end of our trip. We ended up making three different reservations for the 7 days. The first had no discount, so we paid full rack rate, the second had the AP rate, the best of the bunch, and the third used a rate offered to Disney Visa cardholders. It was very annoying to set up, and we literally had to pay three seperate bills, but it did not affect our actual trip (though they warned us that they could techinically have us change rooms with each new reservation).

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Ergens2 said:
Word on the street is Tom. or next week. Hey Pam can you confirm this rumor??

Pam is usually very good about letting us know when AP discounts are about to be announced. Hopefully she can give us a "heads up" real soon. Less than 70 days til my trip and getting very anxious.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Wow...there's a lot of anxious people on here.
If my calculations are correct, they should be out early next week.

But who knows, Disney may surprise us all and put them out early or later than expected. I usually find out early the morning they are released.

Keep an eye on my threads. I will post any discounts just as soon as they are released.

And yes, the discounts at specific resorts depend upon the availability at that resort. If it is close to full capacity at the time they are released, chances are they will not release an AP rate for that resort.

Please keep in mind for those of you who have not booked with me yet. I do switch the reservations over just as soon as something is released.

Pam

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

Vernonpush said:
Pam is usually very good about letting us know when AP discounts are about to be announced. Hopefully she can give us a "heads up" real soon. Less than 70 days til my trip and getting very anxious.

Me too-67 days and I'm about to buy a ticket to Panicville. :zipit:

Upvote 0

weluvtink

I'm confused. What are these codes that everyone talks about? I just called the reservation number told them we have a annual pass and got the AP rate. Why do you need a code if you have the pass? Thanks for any info.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom