AP changes coming

BrianV

Leaked this morning on the official blog and covered by the Sentinel : http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...s-changes-20160829-story.html#nt=oft12aH-1gp2

Sounds like a new pass below the Power Pass, and some new benefits for the Power Pass. Not much info on the two others. No word on price increases but they'll probably go up at some point.

We let our powerpass lapse because we knew we couldn't go for at least a year. I wonder if I should be buying a new one asap? We always stay onsite so parking discounts don't help us. And blackouts are fine as long as we know when they are. To be honest, cheaper option with more blackouts wouldn't be bad for us...

I'm afraid they are over building hotels, going the Disney way with passes, and soon we'll need ADRs 6 months in advance.

danpam1024

Hmmm, not sure about this. The Universal AP's are a good deal for me and I have no problem with black out dates. Only problem I see is do this mean a large price increase is on the way?

These guys better be careful price wise, one of my main reasons to jump ship on Disney was prices. There are always other options for entertainment out there.
Premier and Preferred passes just went up significantly-like nearly 30% I believe. I think it was understandable considering all that is happening in UOR. Disney lost us when they out priced the tickets, I mean a pass with no blackouts is nearly $700/person :jawdrop:. I REALLY hope UOR doesn't follow. At least the rooms are still reasonable.

danpam1024

Funny enough, I couldn't get a room at UOR (except for CBBR) this weekend, but could get a Savannah view at AKL for $50/night over CBBR :D Maybe WDW is starting to feel the pinch.

BrianV

When the non expiring tickets were stopped that was the end of me at Disney. I wouldn't go there enough to justify an AP but with buy 10 tickets at a time that were non expiring made Disney cheap enough. The rooms went way up as well and food and everything else. Hopefully Universal doesn't follow them down that path.

Same with us and we stocked up on non-expiring tickets. Usually we use two days at a time every 12-18 months. Still 17 days left. It was a huge outlay, but pays off over time.

Mike S

From OU user NJBrandon:
Changes are out and the new pricing is out(FL Res/Non-FL Res):

Seasonal - 259.99/284.99
Power - 319.99/344.99
Preferred - 349.99/384.99
Premier - 489.99/539.99

In summary:

Seasonal blocks out Christmas, Spring Break, and Summer. NO concert admission(Mardi Gras).

Power blocks out Christmas and Spring Break. 50% discount on parking.

Preferred has no blockout dates. Free parking and merchandise/food discounts. Early park admission WITH blockout dates.

Premier has no blockout dates. Free parking and merchandise/food discounts. Early park admission 365 days a year.
Really doesn't seem all that complicated to me. I can accept EPA which used to be a hotel only perk. It would be like Disney adding EMH to the higher APs.

Last edited:

squidward

I'd say next summer will be our last trip to Orlando. We've known for a while that we were reaching our breaking point. Disney got us about 3 years ago, and it seems like Universal is just about there. Time to start seeing the rest of the world for far less money.

danpam1024

I'd say next summer will be our last trip to Orlando. We've known for a while that we were reaching our breaking point. Disney got us about 3 years ago, and it seems like Universal is just about there. Time to start seeing the rest of the world for far less money.
us too...when park tickets cost more than airfare, time for a change.

FoodRockz

I was quite literally going to be buying APs this Saturday when I'm staying at Sapphire Falls. Now I am leaning towards a 3 day, 1 park. Well done Univ, on your way to being what WDW has become.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom