"AP Best Rate" - What is the rate?

katiesmom

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I did a search and couldn't find anything helpful... I have been a AP holder for years, and have booked under the old program, but I'm not sure I understand the new one. Our passes expired in June, and we are thinking about a trip for this June. (We booked a November Disney Cruise instead of our usual Thanksgiving trip to Disney:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: ). Anyhow, I understand that I need to buy passes before I book my trip, and that they won't be activited until I use them... However, what rate can I expect? I'm starting to think that it may no longer worthwhile for me to buy the pass, if I'm paying full rack rate. And I'm not real wild about booking a trip with a non refundable deposit, without knowing what my rate will be. Anyone that knows anything more about the rates given would by greatly appreciated. :wave:

Moustronaut

katiesmom said:
Is it your experience that the rate quoted at the time of booking is lower than rack rate? If so, in your experience, by how much? Many thanks for any info.:wave:
I just checked rates on various resorts for january and found the discounts were $25 off a value, $50 off a moderate, and a bit more than $80 off a deluxe. This was off per night

When i booked my Beach Club room for next week it was $80 less than the rack rate.

These could go up or down a little, but probably won't change much.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

KHockett said:
So I called the passholder number today to ask a question about my annual pass, and they said they could book vacations with discounts for passholders that weren't part of the Best Rate program. When he checked on prices, he quoted $175 per night for a moderate during the end of March which is peak time. The regular price for that time is $199. Do you think this is a good deal or is it worth waiting to see if Best Rate continues?
OK to the best of my knowledge there arent ANY discounts passholder, Florida resident or anything else available as of yet. The only one that might be is the AAA discount which is about a 15% discount so that would probably be about right. Also Passholder call in rates have been discontinued completely so I am not sure what the person you spoke to was talking about. In any event the Passholder BRP has been stated to ALWAYS be the best discount available. I just double checked on every official site I know and I dont see any discounts after February. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom