AoA wheelchair accessibility question

Addicted2Disney

Original Poster
Hi All,

This is our first trip to AoA. We have always stayed at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness, but thanks to the refurb to DVC, all of the cabins are booked for our week.

My question is, for those that have stayed there before, how accessible are the Cars suites? My mom is in a wheelchair and can walk short distances. She hates showers and prefers baths. Do one of the bathrooms have the handlebars for her to be able to lift herself up and down? She is very scared, and I'd love to be able to get first-hand experience if anyone has some. Is there a way to request a room close to the parking lot? We've been spoiled with the cabins and the ability to park immediately outside our room door. This is only the second resort we've stayed at on property, so any advice it welcome!

Thank you!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Hi All,

This is our first trip to AoA. We have always stayed at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness, but thanks to the refurb to DVC, all of the cabins are booked for our week.

My question is, for those that have stayed there before, how accessible are the Cars suites? My mom is in a wheelchair and can walk short distances. She hates showers and prefers baths. Do one of the bathrooms have the handlebars for her to be able to lift herself up and down? She is very scared, and I'd love to be able to get first-hand experience if anyone has some. Is there a way to request a room close to the parking lot? We've been spoiled with the cabins and the ability to park immediately outside our room door. This is only the second resort we've stayed at on property, so any advice it welcome!

Thank you!!

I’m pretty sure they have ADA rooms with roll in showers. I can’t remember though for sure

lazyboy97o

Hotels are required to provide both roll-in showers and accessible bathtubs. With just over 1100 suites, Art of Animation will only have about 22 rooms with an accessible tub spread out across all of their suites. You’ll need to indicate on your reservation that you need this accommodation and that you specifically need an accessible tub.

jaklgreen

I am sure that you can find a walkthrough video of the room on YouTube. Pretty much everything WDW, someone has documented and posted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom