AoA walking distance

bsiev1977

I've seen the comments, and by the map it does look like the Mermaid section is quite a way from the main building. But, using a geodistance website, i found that from the center courtyard of the Mermaid area to the main building is only about .27 miles. That's no much at all. Only little more than one lap around a high school track.

Looking down at a map makes it seem longer though.

ratherbeinwdw

I've seen the comments, and by the map it does look like the Mermaid section is quite a way from the main building. But, using a geodistance website, i found that from the center courtyard of the Mermaid area to the main building is only about .27 miles. That's no much at all. Only little more than one lap around a high school track.

It's a lot shorter if you walk through the center, as you described above, than if you walk around the sidewalk to the bus stop.

Upvote 0

donaldtoo

Good God, man! .27 and .42 miles...WHAT were they thinking?!?!?! :eek:
I know, been walkin' in the parks all day and don't wanna' do it at the resort, carrying small children all that way, disabilities. Been there, done all that.
Maybe Disney should just build a main building for each section, from now on, and jack the prices up even more...? ;)

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Original Poster
Good God, man! .27 and .42 miles...WHAT were they thinking?!?!?! :eek:
I know, been walkin' in the parks all day and don't wanna' do it at the resort, carrying small children all that way, disabilities. Been there, done all that.
Maybe Disney should just build a main building for each section, from now on, and jack the prices up even more...? ;)
Not long at all. Please don't mistake what i meant. I know those distances aren't anything at all. I was just saying that it looks longer on the maps than it really is. Also was just responding to all the comments people post about the Mermaid section being "so far away" from the main building.

Since i've so long to go until my trip, mapping out distances is my new little obsession. So, more to come!!

Upvote 0

donaldtoo

Not long at all. Please don't mistake what i meant. I know those distances aren't anything at all. I was just saying that it looks longer on the maps than it really is. Also was just responding to all the comments people post about the Mermaid section being "so far away" from the main building.

Since i've so long to go until my trip, mapping out distances is my new little obsession. So, more to come!!

NO mistake at all! I understood. I was just bein' silly right back at Ya'! :)
After walkin' umpteen miles in the parks all day, those distances aren't anything to us at all, either.
We stayed in family suites in the Cars section back in July and it was just a skip to everything.
Others might think that was even too far...! ;)

Upvote 0

disneysince71

great attitude.. @bsiev1977 really its not long... I actually enjoyed it every morning to get my coffee.. :)

Upvote 0

Marie Shook

That will be when i go to the main building. Breakfast opens up at 6am
a14.jpg

Upvote 0

lpet11984

While it isn't that long in actuality and certainly isn't difficult to do, I will say that the walk does become a bit of a nuisance at the end of a long day. We stayed in the third floor of Ariel's building in January, and at the end of the day when all you want to do is get back to your hotel room, it just becomes a pain.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

While it isn't that long in actuality and certainly isn't difficult to do, I will say that the walk does become a bit of a nuisance at the end of a long day. We stayed in the third floor of Ariel's building in January, and at the end of the day when all you want to do is get back to your hotel room, it just becomes a pain.
Especially when it's 95 outside and there's no shade and the sidewalk is burning hot. I know the concrete in the parks is hot also, but at least 100's of people are walking on that which helps keep it a little cooler. It would be nothing for a healthy person, just for us olders. I only had to do it once, when I had a health issue at the park and came back on the bus and left the family at the park with the car. Being sick probably made it seem so much further than it was. I thought I would never make it to the room. We were in the last section in the last room on the second floor. When we went sightseeing, we walked through the center on the grass and sidewalks that do have some shade and it wasn't bad at all.

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

We stayed in a LMR in September. It's not really that far but, when you want that morning cup o' joe or a soft drink it's a bit of a trek. Also, at the end of a long day it's kinda far for little ones to walk.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Original Poster
We stayed in a LMR in September. It's not really that far but, when you want that morning cup o' joe or a soft drink it's a bit of a trek. Also, at the end of a long day it's kinda far for little ones to walk.
I get what you are saying. Like I said, just a little surprising looking at a top down map of the resort and then finding out the distance is only a bit more than a quarter mile, just once around a track.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom