AoA Review of Mermaid Section

ratherbeinwdw

The good about AoA: the theming is amazing. Everything including the lamp posts, garbage cans, outside pipe's, flowers is color coordinated. The colors in the Mermaid section are just beautiful.
The rooms are so very cute. They are totally directed at children. Even the toilets are the tiny ones you see in elementary kindergartens. I have a pic to show just how short they are. They came about 2/3's up to my knee, and I am barely 5'4". The chairs are shaped like shells. The mirrors are themed and the picture by the bed is really nice to wake up to early in the morning. The food court is the best. You can easily eat well there and stay on a diet; if you have the will power. The main pool is a dream for kids. The theming in Cars section is even better than it looks in pictures. Every little detail is there. The cars are sitting on some kind of soft foam. It's fun just to walk on it. The staff was super nice and helpful.

The bad about AoA: The toilets are so short. The sink area is only big enough for one at a time. The curtain doesn't close all the way, so no privacy when changing. The bed's are full size; not queen. My feet were almost over the bottom. The walk from the Ariel building is a very long walk to the bus stop. I mean really long walk. I didn't see any internal trans until the morning we were leaving a little tram type vehicle came by. I didn't see it stop for anyone though.

The ugly: the bus service is terrible. We had to wait forever going and coming, but particularly coming back to the resort. We would see two for every other resort in the area come by before one for Art would show up. Heads up; if you are coming back from AK, the bus will usually say Blizzard Beach because it goes there first. The route assigned to AoA from MK is especially long. I sure that's because they have so many buses on the roads now. The noise in the Mermaid suites was terrible also. I'm not talking about unruly people. I'm talking about normal noise. You hear every toilet above, behind and beside you. Every time anyone goes you hear it. Then you hear the flush. It is as if they are in your bathroom. Every step, door shutting, chair moving sound is loud. It was 2 or 3 every night until the noise finally stopped. Then the bathroom noise started again around 5. If you have a hard time sleeping, take earplugs.

It really is a beautiful, fun place, but the bad outweighs the good for us. We're going back to the mods or deluxe from now on. We gave it a try. It's just not for us. People with little children will love this place.

I will post room pictures later today. I have one showing the scale of the in room safe. It is much, much bigger than the ones at the mods we've stayed in.

wiigirl

Thanks for the review...can't wait to see your photos. :)
75.gif

Upvote 0

NCState

We just returned on Saturday and the only thing I was disappointed was that there's not enough storage. I love the refrigerator don't get me wrong, but it only leaves three small drawers for clothes. I had to live out of my suite case for the week.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Original Poster
We just returned on Saturday and the only thing I was disappointed was that there's not enough storage. I love the refrigerator don't get me wrong, but it only leaves three small drawers for clothes. I had to live out of my suite case for the week.
Yeah. I forgot to post that. I bring almost everything in hang up space bags since we drive. We still had three suitcases and nowhere to put them that was easily accessible. I had them under the hanging clothes and had to pull them out to get anything. The problem with the new fridges is that they can't be set. The aren't cold enough for milk. Water and drinks were fine, but not the milk. We used a small cooler we brought and kept it filled with ice for the milk. They have all that stuff in the food court, but the cost adds up quickly.
I did like the digital safe. I don't like having to keep up with a key. This was really a nice upgrade.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Original Poster
If you use the tags your pictures will show up in-line instead of just links. Or use the picture icon in the editor to do it for you automatically.

Just FYI
I'm not sure what you're telling me to do. I'm new at this kind of site. I don't even do facebook.
I have been uploading to photobucket and copying from there. I'll see if I can find someone to show me a better way.
I'm sorry. For now, this is the only way I know.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not sure what you're telling me to do. I'm new at this kind of site. I don't even do facebook.
I have been uploading to photobucket and copying from there. I'll see if I can find someone to show me a better way.
I'm sorry. For now, this is the only way I know.

When you paste in a link to the photo... put a IMG tag before the text and a closing /img tag after the link, and the photo will show up in the post itself. When you replied to my post, you quoted me. Look in the editor, and see those quote tags in brackets? It's the same thing, but use IMG instead of QUOTE in the brackets (and without all the other options in the opening quote one. Just put IMG in square brackets at the front.. and /IMG in square brackets at the end of the link. Do this for each link. Using the editor, there is a guided way of doing this. Mouse over and check out those icons above the text where you are entering the post.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Original Poster
When you paste in a link to the photo... put a IMG tag before the text and a closing /img tag after the link, and the photo will show up in the post itself. When you replied to my post, you quoted me. Look in the editor, and see those quote tags in brackets? It's the same thing, but use IMG instead of QUOTE in the brackets (and without all the other options in the opening quote one. Just put IMG in square brackets at the front.. and /IMG in square brackets at the end of the link. Do this for each link. Using the editor, there is a guided way of doing this. Mouse over and check out those icons above the text where you are entering the post.

Thank you so much. I tried it and it worked.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom