Anyway to still use really old Tickets?

Konacha

In the Parks
No
I recently started to clean out my grandmother's house after she passed away a few years ago and in one of her file cabinets were old tickets from Walt Disney World. I mean, really old from the late 70s to 80s. The ones from 1974 were an A-E Ticket book for the Magic Kingdom (that are all unused), 1976 had only Tickets A & B while 1979 had the E Ticket missing. The ones from the 1982 has 1 unused for Magic Kingdom, the one for 1985 had 2 unused for both Epcot and Magic Kingdom while the 1989 one has 1 unused stamp for Epcot and Magic Kingdom (the dates were in February 1989, before Studio's opened). We also found a 3 day one for both Magic Kingdom and Epcot with no stamps on it. We also found a couple of totally used tickets.

So I'm wondering, is there anyway I can still use these unused tickets when I go back to Disney World next year? Are the A-E Ticket books anything or tickets still?

Konacha

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks for letting me know. I saw on eBay that the prices are all over the place and I wasn't sure about the ones from the 70s because they appear to go for 14 dollars sometimes. I might at least hold onto them till I'm closer to going back to the parks.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

The unused ticket book from 1974 would be of interest to many people as a collectible. You might get more than your expect on the resale market.

From the WDW website: " Walt Disney World Resort continues to honor all unexpired theme park tickets with remaining admission days". However, admission will only be granted to the parks that were open when the tickets were issued. For example, the pre-1989 tickets cannot be used at the Studios or Animal Kingdom.

Also you should note that "The terms and conditions of the original ticket, including expiration rules, still apply...Tickets are nontransferable and must be used by the same person on all days". This probably doesn't apply to you but any tickets that have names on them can only be used by that person.

So, according to my calculations, here is what you've got:

The ones from 1974 were an A-E Ticket book for the Magic Kingdom (that are all unused) 1 day at MK for each

1976 had only Tickets A & B while 1979 had the E Ticket missing.
Since the admissions portions were used, these have only a very small value for each ride ticket that you can be put toward a new MK ticket.

The ones from the 1982 has 1 unused for Magic Kingdom. 1 day at MK for each

The one for 1985 had 2 unused for both Epcot and Magic Kingdom
2 days at either MK or EP or one day at each

The 1989 one has 1 unused stamp for Epcot and Magic Kingdom (the dates were in February 1989, before Studio's opened). 1 day at MK or EP

We also found a 3 day one for both Magic Kingdom and Epcot with no stamps on it. 3 days at either MK or EP or any combination of the two

Hope this helps and if anything doesn't look right to anyone, please correct me!

Upvote 1

MickeyCB

Disney will definitely allow these tickets to be used. I would advise calling Disney and speak with someone on the transfer value. If you get someone who does not sound very knowledgeable thank them and hang up and try another day with another CM.
But, I agree with the above posters. I am a huge collector of vintage Disney items and those can go for a fair amount of money.
The counter point to that is day tickets are crazy expensive now and if they hold no sentimental value to you, you might get more bang for your buck turning them in.
If you can, please get back to us and let us know how it went.

Upvote 0

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
If I have a four 3- day Epcot center opening tickets that have never been used. How would I go about selling them?
Look on eBay for “unused epcot opening day” or something similar, if they still have their stubs (are fully intact tickets), it looks like you can get a little more than the value of a current three day ticket (roughly $325 including tax) by selling it as a collectible.

One recently sold for $405. https://www.ebay.com/itm/255206689956?hash=item3b6b810ca4:g:Xt4AAOSwIPFhgB3H#vi__app-cvip-panel

EE1E5CB6-96E0-4FB8-B9B0-FB65DFEA3F8F.png4271452A-A9EC-48E5-8E78-4992263195EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jenukaku

I don’t know if you have figured this out or not, but I was at Disney this weekend with three 3-day child tickets from when my family went in 1983 (MK and Epcot only) all with one day unused and unstamped. I swung by Guest Relations at Disney Springs and they not only honored the unused date on each ticket, but gave us three adult park hopper tickets to use at anytime in the future. she even linked them to my Disney account and made our park reservation (since we were going to use them the next day). I requested to keep the old tickets since they had sentimental value and she just stamped “void” on the bottom so they couldn’t be redeemed again and I got to keep them.

Upvote 0

kalel8145

I don’t know if you have figured this out or not, but I was at Disney this weekend with three 3-day child tickets from when my family went in 1983 (MK and Epcot only) all with one day unused and unstamped. I swung by Guest Relations at Disney Springs and they not only honored the unused date on each ticket, but gave us three adult park hopper tickets to use at anytime in the future. she even linked them to my Disney account and made our park reservation (since we were going to use them the next day). I requested to keep the old tickets since they had sentimental value and she just stamped “void” on the bottom so they couldn’t be redeemed again and I got to keep them.
That's really cool. That is a magical weekend.

Upvote 0

patsyreck

Disney will definitely allow these tickets to be used. I would advise calling Disney and speak with someone on the transfer value. If you get someone who does not sound very knowledgeable thank them and hang up and try another day with another CM.
But, I agree with the above posters. I am a huge collector of vintage Disney items and those can go for a fair amount of money.
The counter point to that is day tickets are crazy expensive now and if they hold no sentimental value to you, you might get more bang for your buck turning them in.
If you can, please get back to us and let us know how it went.
I have unused 1974 to tickets I would like to sell, how would I do that. Are they worth anything?

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

I have unused 1974 to tickets I would like to sell, how would I do that. Are they worth anything?
As above, if they are unused they can be exchanged for current park tickets. I believe Disney will still honor those, but again you would have to check with ticket sales either by phone or at guest services at the parks.
If you are just selling as a collectors item there are several sites like EBAY, Mercari, etc. you can list them.
Maybe someone on here knows of other Disney sites where people sell them?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom