Anyone with Super experience?

Yanks07

Just realizing that the Super Bowl takes place during our trip. Any ideas as to the best place to watch? ESPN club comes to mind but is it a mad house? :eek:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Any place with TV's and beer is a madhouse.

I'd suggest watching from your room - or if you can stand it, head into the parks, they're dead during game time.

Upvote 0

coln84

I'm trying to get there the week of the super bowl and we are just going to send my mothers bf to play golf and then to the EPSN bar since for some odd reason he hates disney world. Oh well, more fun for my mother, aunt, sister and me. Maybe i'll see you there!

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Original Poster
coln84 said:
I'm trying to get there the week of the super bowl and we are just going to send my mothers bf to play golf and then to the EPSN bar since for some odd reason he hates disney world. Oh well, more fun for my mother, aunt, sister and me. Maybe i'll see you there!
If we can make it in, I will be there. Look for a dad with 4 teen boys 16-19, if Colts are in, we have 2 Colt fans who will be in uniform, and 2 Giant fans, also 1 Buc. fan .

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Any place with TV's and beer is a madhouse.

I'd suggest watching from your room - or if you can stand it, head into the parks, they're dead during game time.
Hey Merf, any idea if the Allstar Cafe @ D Wide World of Sports is any less crowded.

Upvote 0
Bar Next to Artits Point at WL?

I noticed some TVs and nice soft chairs when we walked past the bar at the WL last week. I'm betting that might be a good point to stop. Not sure about their food options, but the beer (Red Hook on tap) is great.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Original Poster
swordsman_24 said:
I noticed some TVs and nice soft chairs when we walked past the bar at the WL last week. I'm betting that might be a good point to stop. Not sure about their food options, but the beer (Red Hook on tap) is great.
We love WL and I love RedHook on tap! We can chow down early. I just need options for the kids, they just keep thinking espn and I`m thinking we may not make it in. Thanks

Upvote 0

mtnhiker74

I can only speak from experience on a regular NFL Sunday. In October 2004 I was there for 2 weeks and wanted to see my Panthers play for a little rest from the parks during that middle Sunday. We got to the ESPN Club at 11am for the 1pm game... and the line extended all the way out the door to the lake. After waiting there until 12:45pm WITHOUT MOVING AT ALL, we figured out that we were not going to make it in... as there would not be anyone leaving during the 1pm games.

We quickly headed over to Disney's Wide World of Sports (bar name escapes me atm) and got there at exactly 1pm, hoping against hope. Walked right in and got a great seat. They have TVs everywhere in there, but they are mounted pretty high and it is a bit inconvenient... but hey, we were sitting and watching the game. :)

So I'm thinking if the crowds are that bad on a regular NFL Sunday in October... it would be a madhouse on Superbowl Sunday. I would surmise you would need to get there around 9am on a regular Sunday... probably around 9am on the previous day if you hoped to see the Superbowl there... lol.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Although I love the ESPN Zone I would agree it will be tough to get a seat. If you have a car I would suggest you go to some of the other resturants or bars in the surrounding area. Or check the listings of hotels near Downtown Disney and see if they have a sports bar. There are also a couple resturants at the Crossroads shopping center just outside of the Downtown Disney area. I'm sure you have a better chance at getting a seat.

Slim chance for the Super Bowl, I'll just take the playoffs at this point!,
but Go SKINS! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. We will be at BC so espn makes sense, but like mhiker said, you have to get there way to early, and sitting at the bar all day can be scary! :eek: Well, it is a good dilema to have, "Where should I watch the Super Bowl @ WDW!" Hey teenchy, Giant fan here, thanks for taking care of the Cowboys last week! :sohappy: Big game Sat. Go Big Blue! :king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom