Anyone with any 411 on the PotC rehab?

debbiedoo

okay here it goes,

I have been on POTC and HM many times and have loved them since a child before there was even a movie made!!

I remember as a teenager that Johhny Deep was in many mags around the world and he has now made a come back. So now what. . . .Eddie Murphy in the HM?!?!?!?!?!

The rides were popular before the movies came about and I feel that they should remain original.

brich

I like the idea of making the movies from the rides, not the rides from the movies. That's what Universal offers. I vote to keep the movie characters on the big screen and out of the rides. Just traditionalism talking... :lookaroun

PirateJosh20

debbiedoo said:
So now what. . . .Eddie Murphy in the HM?!?!?!?!?!

Eddie Murphy is NOT being added to the haunted mansion. I have seen plans for the new rehab for mansion that will happen after POTC, But there are NO plans to change or add to the ride, all the changes for the mansions rehab will be changes to the queue outside.

goofyfan13

I kinda like this idea and would like to see a cave scene at the end (since we went through a cave to go back in time why not go through one to return to present day?) with a simialarity between the sword fight scene w/ Capt. Jack and Barbossa. Who knows if anything like that will happen, but it's wishful thinking on my part. I'm all for keeping the classics the way they are, but our Pirates could use some improvement. It just seems short and the ending is kinda lacking....

JeffH

Peter Pan Fastpass

"FastPass actually makes things worse, like at Peter Pan "

..funny, I've been going to WDW since it opened and Peter Pan has always been one of my favorite rides, but until fastpass was added I rarely got a chance to ride it without a 30+minute (or much more) wait...unless I got there bright and early. Except for 20K Leagues Under the Sea (the 1st decade, in which it always had a slow 1hour wait), Peter Pan has always had the longest wait in Fantasyland. Fastpass has been a blessing, allowing my daughter and I to always be guaranteed a ride on Peter Pan (and every other attraction that Fastpass is offered) when we want one. The standby wait time is about the same wait times that the ride had before fastpass.

stitchcastle

Why don't they make movies out of the rides that Never got built or are just about to be built?

Dragon Tower - Make it animated and comedic, kinda like Shrek only cooler with thief Bats robbing an evil Dragon. A sort of Mission: Impossible meets Robin Hood meets Shrek.

Expedition Everest - A Horror flick featuring a bunch of scientists getting lost in the himalayas and slowly being killed off one by one by a mysterious ancient monster(the Yeti).

Journey To The Center of the Earth - Based on the Jules Verne novel.

Tower of Terror - I know it's already been done but this would be based on the Tokyo DisneySea version with the doomed cruise ship and guests' ghosts coming back to the hotel(ala The Ring/ The Grudge), They could emphasize the horrors of being in an elevator and make it a period piece in the roaring 20's.

Test Track - Animated movie following the trials and tribulations of being a Crash Test Dummy. I know it sound like a load of bull dung but if done correctly it could become a really hilarious yet heart warming film that would question the meaning of life (something important to someone who was made to be destroyed).

Maybe if they become hits, the Dragon Tower ride would finally get built and a lot of people would be pumped up to ride Expedition Everest.

Can't they make a "serious" Haunted Mansion? Or at least soemthing comedic with the ghosts as the stars and not the guests? Or make it star the hitchhiking ghosts from the original ride, you know like they got kicked out of the Haunted Mansion, their adventures.

cocoabeach

PirateJosh20 said:
But it will only be in the new show scenes from Unload on... Nothing will change the original ridhe that is there now.

OK now I feel better about this. I'm all for it now, Jack or no Jack, if the old scenes remain, I won't complain about new ones.

debbiedoo

PirateJosh20 said:
Eddie Murphy is NOT being added to the haunted mansion. I have seen plans for the new rehab for mansion that will happen after POTC, But there are NO plans to change or add to the ride, all the changes for the mansions rehab will be changes to the queue outside.

PirateJosh20,

I was saying this to be sarcastic :lol:

DCL

TTATraveler said:
I completely agree with you. Certain attractions FastPass actually makes things worse, like at Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh.

And I completely agree with you! FastPass makes the lines worse for a few of the rides... like the Haunted Mansion, where it's being removed and added to the Tomorrowland Speedway. I think that will end up making the line for that even longer than it always is... but we'll see!

TwitterMouse

I hope they don't add fastpass, never waited more than 10 minutes for that ride. Fastpass would make it worse I think, it definetly made Haunted Mansion's line worse, I'm happy they're taking fastpass out of that one.

MagicMan17

I keep hearing this same thing about how fastpass has made the lines worse at certain attractions and I'm just curious as to how it actually made them worse? I can see that it maybe would not improve length of the line or the wait time since theoretically you could still have the same number of people waiting for the same number of available ride spaces. And if it does make the lines worse at some attractions, why in the world are execs making decisions to add it to attractions like POTC?

claning

Any word on whether the pirates souvenir shop (at the end of the ride) would remain open during the refurb or be closed along with the ride? My co-worker wants to take his family next January and his son loves pirates and has been talking only about doing that ride. They were thinkin of postponing the trip but it is not working out. If the shop is open they think it might be enough for their son (he will only be 4 then).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom