Anyone who drives from the NY/NJ area

jec13

Original Poster
For anyone who drives to WDW from the NY/NJ area do you stop for a night and where do you stop? My DW and I are planning to drive to WDW next September and we are leaving around 2:00 AM in order to miss the traffic around the Washing DC area. We plan on taking our time and making it a 2 day trip. I am trying to figure out where we should stop the first day and spend the night. If you have done it before do you have a favorite place to stop and why? Thanks.

shybre

Ww are also driving down in November. We are from Delaware and have also decided to make it a two day trip. We have made plans to stop in Savannah Ga area. Which should be reallyu nice because it has the historic area that u can walk around at. Plus they have a mall near there. Or you coluld go a little bit farther down and stay near or at one of the Golden Isles of Brunswick. All these locations are right off of 95, and it will leave you a 4-5 hour drive to wdw the next day.

llrain

we stayed in savannah as well...seems a popular stop...
I think its the perfect area...From Massachusetts it was like 18
hours or so....stopped in savannah to sleep and then knew
that when we hit the road the next morning we only had a few hours to go..

There's a website/forum for all I-95 travelers. Check it out--it has lots of tips and info. Google it. I will try to find it and post again.

tigsmom

We are from upstate NY (Orange County) and we drive in 2 days. We usually stop around Santee, SC and stay in the Hampton Inn just off of 95...its clean and they have a breakfast buffet in the morning.

We've tried leaving early in the am and late in the evening and either way we always get stuck in traffic. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom