anyone want to explain EE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
matthope03 said:
I may be wrong on this one but did they not say that the mountain is 199ft tall? I thought I read/heard that they made it the same height as the Tower of Terror and again for the same reason as the Tower they kept it at 199ft because 1 more ft and they had to add a red beacon at the top. I might be wrong on this, but I have seen pictures of Everest from the Contemporary and there is no way it is only 112ft tall when it is THAT visible from the Contemporary.

Yes the actual mountain facade is 199ft tall, but the track does not reach that height. :)

matthope03

That is what I thought. I do not understand where he is coming from saying that Everest at its highest point is 112ft. Unless he is stating that the coaster itself goes up to 112ft off the ground. I think he just needs to state what he is saying more clearly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
matthope03 said:
That is what I thought. I do not understand where he is coming from saying that Everest at its highest point is 112ft. Unless he is stating that the coaster itself goes up to 112ft off the ground. I think he just needs to state what he is saying more clearly.

Yes I believe he is saying that the highest point of the actual track is 112ft.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
wannab@dis said:
Now that sounds like a reliable source. :lookaroun

:lol: :lol:
my thoughts exactly...... id probably trust a custodian before a merchandise manager

i never thought id see the day people would argue about 32 feet. i bet that from the exit of the mountain is 80..... and for marketing purposes they measured from the top of the switch back, in which possibly could measure 112ft after the incline............... but i digress and remind people, who cares. it will all come out in the wash.

Kacki

Haha... it might be a 112 foot drop if you jumped off the polyethalene foam peak. (Just kidding. I think that it is made out of concrete.) :p

Mission: SPACE

I really don't appreciate the ridacule from some of you on here. Managers, no matter what line of business they are from, are not going to try to be misinforming the cast THEY will be working with. I heard my number from Ops as well. And considering Ops will be running the ride, I figure they might know what they're talking about.

I'm glad some of you get a kick by laughing at some of the information the others post on here. Now I'm starting to see why people leave this site. I'd consider the crew who will be working the attraction to be a darn reliable source of information, probably one of the most ANY of us have talked to face-to-face, but apparently I'm wrong. Since they're the opening managers and crew for the attraction, they must know nothing.

Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your posting on wdwmagic, because I have up until this point... Now it's time to find a more appreciative group.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Time to close another Everest thread. One day we might be able to have a discussion without people arguing and getting upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom