Anyone try Portillos?

The_Jobu

Original Poster
I went to Chicago in 2012 and after I tried Portillo's, I kept finding excuses to return while visiting. I really enjoyed it.

Now it's open in Orlando, anyone know if it's any good?

Tom Morrow

Yep, it's good. It's the same as it is in Chicago. Though I'm disappointed that they opted for generic 50's diner theming over the 1930's Chicago gangster theming many of their restaurants have. Also I could be wrong but I think the restaurants in Chicago have a bigger menu.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Yep, it's good. It's the same as it is in Chicago. Though I'm disappointed that they opted for generic 50's diner theming over the 1930's Chicago gangster theming many of their restaurants have. Also I could be wrong but I think the restaurants in Chicago have a bigger menu.

yeah I saw the generic 50s setup online, but good to know the food is good. Might have to make a point to drive out and visit.

PiratesMansion

How is the speed?

It's been my experience more often than not that Portillo's outside of the Chicago area move you through ordering pretty quickly but are pretty slowwwwwwww at actually getting the food out to you.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
How is the speed?

It's been my experience more often than not that Portillo's outside of the Chicago area move you through ordering pretty quickly but are pretty slowwwwwwww at actually getting the food out to you.

Heh, yah. I still remember them speeding us through the ordering stations like a conveyor belt, shouting about bun wetness and making up rhymes. Kinda fun experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom