Anyone remember this extict post-show?

pfeigelm

Original Poster
The first time I went to WDW was in 1973, soon after Space Mountain opened. I screamed my head off during the ride, but it was the SM post-show that really blew me away. It used the same moving walkway that Fed-Ex has it's post-show advert running. It was a slide-thru of a house of the future (pre-horizons). I do not remember too much of what I saw, except for a living room with a wall sized TV "broadcasting" an NFL game.

Since you folks are the repository of all things WDW, I was hoping you might have some recollections/descriptions of the SM post-show that could help jog my memory. Any help is appeciated.

I was also wondering if ToonTown Online is popular with WDW Magic addicts? I am a huge fan of both.

Thanks!

Expo_Seeker40

LOL ya' know when I first read this thread topic, I automatically thought of the Space Mountain post-show. :lookaroun

Yes it was RCA's home entertainment meca [drumroll] The Home of FUTURE Living!!! :sohappy: :lol:

Like you said "pfeigelm", this is still the same post-show area, using that imfamous moving sidewalk.

What you saw was I think Audio Animatronics that represented different members of a family, and what each person was doing in a different room.

There was a giant TV screen stpye thing that showed a broadcasting.

There was also a little baby looking at a robototic clown that was about to take its picture in its crib.

There was a boy and I think his mechanical robo-dog that had a soon to be VHS camcorder, and the highlight was [this scene technically exists somewhat today]...well the highlight was that as we were ready to exit into the open, the boy and his robo-dog would face the guests and point his cam corder at you and WALA! you would see yourself and others on the TV monitors, which is still around technically to this day.

I think there were other scenes, like a kitchen. What is interesting was that a few of things predicted from RCA did come true. The VHS camcorder, the DVD, CD, and home entertainment system.

Now my memory is sketchy on this one, so some stuff may be innacurate.

I don't know of any good pictures that exist of the original Space Mountain post show. I have only seen a few poor quality ones. :cry:

Tramp

:wave: Is this it?

Attachments

• eee.jpg
    eee.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 96

Tramp

:) RCA sponsor.

"Here's to the future, here's to the future,
Here's to the future and you
It's a world full of color, of perfect harmony,
A world full of music, a living melody,
The dreams of tomorrow are beginning today
It's a world of discovery, the world of RCA"

Attachments

• bbb.jpg
    bbb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 97

pfeigelm

Original Poster
sorry about the duplicate thread. my fault.

but I knew the WDW Archivists would know what I was talking about. Now I remember the camera taking video and displaying it before exiting. Every time I ride the FedEx version I see myself on video at the end and a very tiny voice in my head says this a holdover from the previous show. Now I know why. Thanks for the photo. That football game has been in my head for 30 years :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom