Anyone remember the proposed Gotcha Glacier that was supposed to be built in Anaheim?

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
This news story had me remembering the past, as was the Short lived Tinsletown.

>Bisnow: What was your first big deal?

Woodhead: I was the lead city attorney on a shared (fortunately) experience that ultimately failed called Sportstown, a proposed development in the Angel Stadium parking lot that included a dinner theater called Tinseltown and a behemoth of a structure called Gotcha Glacier in which visitors would be able to ski, snowboard, ice skate, skydive and surf indoors. Not surprisingly, Tinseltown failed and became the Grove of Anaheim, a concert venue today, while the Glacier (with financing proposed by the now defunct Enron and Gotcha International, a surfwear company) failed to find a hospitable environment in the Southern California sun. <<

Small piece of art work here.

Pd2Ski

This news story had me remembering the past, as was the Short lived Tinsletown.

Woodhead: I was the lead city attorney on a shared (fortunately) experience that ultimately failed called Sportstown, a proposed development in the Angel Stadium parking lot that included a dinner theater called Tinseltown and a behemoth of a structure called Gotcha Glacier in which visitors would be able to ski, snowboard, ice skate, skydive and surf indoors. Not surprisingly, Tinseltown failed and became the Grove of Anaheim, a concert venue today, while the Glacier (with financing proposed by the now defunct Enron and Gotcha International, a surfwear company) failed to find a hospitable environment in the Southern California sun. <<

Small piece of art work here.

I not only remember the project, I was the engineer that developed all of the mechanical designs for the mechanical systems for the snowboard park, the ice rink, the snow making system, the cooling and heating system, the wave park etc... It sure was a bummer when the project ended.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom