Anyone order the Disney Dining Experience recently?

Trishnh

I phoned them about a month ago to get info on the program and was told to wait until right before we leave to order it and we would get a confirmation e-mailed to us that we could use on our trip since the card is activated from the day of purchase and thus we would not 'waste' any of the year's time. well, I faxed over my order form last night in preparation for our trip in 12 days and was told they do not email confirmations any more! they said they will mail the confirmation instead or we can pick it up at the Customer care center at EPCOT..I am **hoping** we recieve it in the mail before we go since we are cutting it close and have dinner plans for the night we arrive and will not have time to go to Epcot first, and the next morning we have breakfast plans at Magic Kingdom. Has anyone else been told they will not e-mail confirmations any more and why they would change this?

Thanks! 12 days and counting!!! :sohappy: :D :sohappy: :D :sohappy:

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I just ordered mine on April 4. The web site said that it takes 6-8 weeks to receive the card, so we ordered it now, and we are not going until May 7. When I called they said that is true, but in the meantime they will fax or e-mail a letter to present at the restaurants saying we are current members of the Dining Experience. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

nicholas

Just to give you an idea on how long it takes to receive your actual card....

I ordered this on February 7. I received the card in the mail today. Over two months later.

But I did get an email confirmation virtually the moment I hung up the phone from ordering it which I was able to use until the card came. Not sure why they would no longer send those out. But I think I read somewhere (on here in another thread, maybe?) that they can fax a confirmation to your resort guests services. Or am I making that up??

Upvote 0

Trishnh

Original Poster
nicholas said:
Just to give you an idea on how long it takes to receive your actual card....

I ordered this on February 7. I received the card in the mail today. Over two months later.

But I did get an email confirmation virtually the moment I hung up the phone from ordering it which I was able to use until the card came. Not sure why they would no longer send those out. But I think I read somewhere (on here in another thread, maybe?) that they can fax a confirmation to your resort guests services. Or am I making that up??

That would be much more convenient and helpful if they would send it to the resort. The person I was speaking to was not very helpful and would not 'budge' at all--just kept saying they will not email confirmations any more. I figured there is still time to get the letter in the mail so I will wait until next week and if it does not come, then I will pursue it further.

Thanks

Upvote 0

disneybonbon

I just ordered my DDE this past weekend, and I got my email confirmation right after I hung up. The email I received states that it's good until June 30th, which is about when I was told I'd receive my card. That's crazy if they changed the policy within the last few days. Maybe you could try speaking with someone else?

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Simba One

I've got a really recent experience to relate...hope it helps.

We got APs for the first time, but we ordered them too late to have the vouchers mailed. So we had them left at Will Call. We went to Epcot to convert the vouchers to APs. Then we went to the Guest Relations counter inside the park (much less crowded than the one outside the gate) and called Disney Dining. After spending waaaaay too long on hold, I finally got through and was able to purchase my DDE card. They then faxed a letter to the Guest Relations desk that I used for lunch about 10 minutes later.

Some of the locations asked for a photo ID along with the letter, but there was no problem using the letter in place of the card. I am looking forward to the next time I'm down there with the actual card, though. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Why is the process for getting this card so annoying?

Like - why do they activate the card the day you order it if it takes 6-8 weeks to ship. Why can't you buy the card in the them park?

Are they purposely making it a difficult process just to keep people from buying the card?

Upvote 0

nicholas

Laura22 said:
Why is the process for getting this card so annoying?

Like - why do they activate the card the day you order it if it takes 6-8 weeks to ship. Why can't you buy the card in the them park?

Are they purposely making it a difficult process just to keep people from buying the card?
Yeah, it is quite cumbersome (especially since most people have had to wait on hold for a substantial period of time just to buy the card).

But look on the bright side. Due to the time it takes to receive the card in the mail, you get an extra two months free on the length of the membership! I'll put up with the hassle for that perk. :D

Upvote 0

KingStefan

I called them on April 7, and within hours, via e-mail, I had a letter of validation, and a list of restaurants. That was just a week ago. I wonder if the policy has changed and I got in just under the wire, or there is some other problem. They offered to fax a copy of the validation letter to my resort as well. I'd call them back, if I were you. It's too late tonight, but they'll be open tomorrow 9-5.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

DisneyInsider said:
I ordered my card yesterday. Well in advance of my trip because of how long i hear it takes.

8 Weeks. Any other takers? LOL

Seriously I think disney mis-judged how popular this would be to APers. From the few times I've talked with the DDE office I think there are only 2-3 people working there tops. God bless Ms Rosa Flores for putting up with all us psychos trying to plan our trips to the nth degree.

I am sure Disney is still trying to tweek how memberships are ordered so they can provide a good product and not completly destroy the sanity of the CM's that handle this department.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Moustronaut said:
8 Weeks. Any other takers? LOL

Seriously I think disney mis-judged how popular this would be to APers. From the few times I've talked with the DDE office I think there are only 2-3 people working there tops. God bless Ms Rosa Flores for putting up with all us psychos trying to plan our trips to the nth degree.

I am sure Disney is still trying to tweek how memberships are ordered so they can provide a good product and not completly destroy the sanity of the CM's that handle this department.
Amen to all that, espcially for Ms. Rosa Flores. Brava, Ms. Flores!

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Just a update on delivery od DDE cards. I called yesterday to check on my card since my temp letter runs out in a few days and was told(by who must be the only person working there Rosa Flores) that my card should be in the next shippment from someplace in Penn or Deleware. I cant really remember where she said like it matters. Anyhow its been 2 months and still no card. Good thing I ordered extra early(HA HA)!!!

Upvote 0

tigger1968

I had called to check on mine before our trip, as I had not received the email either. After we figured out that the woman who took my original order had accidentaly mis-spelled my email address, I got my confirmation in about 2 minutes. I was also told there was a delay in mailing the cards because demand had outstripped supply, and the facility in Penn. that mails them had run out of the cards and was waiting on a new shipment from the maunfacturer! This was about three weeks ago, and I got my card a few days later. I would say the delays are centered around the much higher volume of orders than they anticipated!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom