anyone know what typical black out days for october are?

Goofy Rocks

Original Poster
me and my girlfriend are coming for florida for our second time out to disneyland she is a castmember over here at wdw. we will be coming from october 12 to the 19th this time bringing her brother and my best friend and i was wondering A. if anyone knows what the black out days are like that month normally cus it will suck if we cant go in lol and 2nd how october is normally crowd wise! thanks guys!!

Last edited:

TP2000

I'm always baffled by these types of threads... Employees of a company going to unofficial Internet message boards to throw out questions to the general public regarding basic employee benefits. And then we are reminded that Disney has easily accessible websites that provide their employees this exact information.

When I was in the corporate world, my company leadership would have been mortified if I had gone online and represented myself as an employee and then asked "Does anyone know if my dental plan covers cosmetic orthodontia for my kids?" or "Does anyone know the date of this year's Christmas party? I hope they get a better band this year!" o_O

Goofy Rocks

Original Poster
I'm always baffled by these types of threads... Employees of a company going to unofficial Internet message boards to throw out questions to the general public regarding basic employee benefits. And then we are reminded that Disney has easily accessible websites that provide their employees this exact information.

When I was in the corporate world, my company leadership would have been mortified if I had gone online and represented myself as an employee and then asked "Does anyone know if my dental plan covers cosmetic orthodontia for my kids?" or "Does anyone know the date of this year's Christmas party? I hope they get a better band this year!" o_O
Lol well then be baffled with ur constant rudeness we know how to check and always do bit disneyland does not post as fast so i was getting a general idea of people in the past so i could have an idea before it is posted but thanks for ur post anyways

invader

It's the boyfriend, not the actual CM. Cut him a break.

invader

Not only that i was just trying to get a general idea of how it was in the past as she said they were not posted yet

https://blockoutdates.disney.com

Sorry about that. Took me a while to find this site but if you go to the three month view you will realize that you are blocked out the 12th, 16th, and 17th at Disneyland Park but are not blocked out at all at Disneys California Adventure. Block out dates are subject to change. Keep in mind if she has comp passes those don't have block out dates.

TP2000

Not only that i was just trying to get a general idea of how it was in the past as she said they were not posted yet

I found this calendar after a 15 second Google search. The blockout dates for employee passes are posted online, for employees and the general public to see, through October 31st. Follow this link to see for yourself... :)https://blockoutdates.disney.com/disney-parks-in-california-print/

I'm just baffled at employees, or their boyfriends, going online to ask basic questions about employee benefits packages. It just doesn't reflect well on the company for an employee to do that I'm afraid.

Californian Elitist

The CM should have a calendar to look at.

I understand what TP is saying. I work at Universal Studios Hollywood (until I find a big girl job) and I always see guests with these nicely-sized bowls of soft-served ice cream. Today, one of my co-workers and I saw another guest with the ice cream. We turned to each other and asked each other where guests get them. After laughing, we both agreed we could ask the guests ourselves, but it would be weird and awkward, since we work at the park and should know something as basic as where to get ice cream. It's kind of embarrassing.

TP2000

The CM should have a calendar to look at.

I understand what TP is saying. I work at Universal Studios Hollywood (until I find a big girl job) and I always see guests with these nicely-sized bowls of soft-served ice cream. Today, one of my co-workers and I saw another guest with the ice cream. We turned to each other and asked each other where guests get them. After laughing, we both agreed we could ask the guests ourselves, but it would be weird and awkward, since we work at the park and should know something as basic as where to get ice cream. It's kind of embarrassing.

I didn't know you worked at Universal Studios raven?! How fun! You are going to have a front row seat for all the excitement this spring when Potterland opens. You'll have to fill us in on how that goes.

Good for you for not asking the customers about the products your own company sold them! Ha! :D

But the privilege of getting you and friends into the parks for free as a CM is an even bigger deal than that. As I understand it, an entry-level CM gets to sign in themselves and 3 friends into the parks up to 12 times per year. That's a $155 park hopper ticket per person, each day, or just over $600 in ticket costs per visit. That equates to a company provided benefit worth over $7,000 per year for each CM. WOW! That's worth more than a full dental plan, and is equitable to many health plans. There simply has to be a proper and professional way for any CM to be able to establish how and when they may use that $7,000 annual company benefit without resorting to going online and asking the general public. That's all I was saying. :)

Goofy Rocks

Original Poster
I didn't know you worked at Universal Studios raven?! How fun! You are going to have a front row seat for all the excitement this spring when Potterland opens. You'll have to fill us in on how that goes.

Good for you for not asking the customers about the products your own company sold them! Ha! :D

But the privilege of getting you and friends into the parks for free as a CM is an even bigger deal than that. As I understand it, an entry-level CM gets to sign in themselves and 3 friends into the parks up to 12 times per year. That's a $155 park hopper ticket per person, each day, or just over $600 in ticket costs per visit. That equates to a company provided benefit worth over $7,000 per year for each CM. WOW! That's worth more than a full dental plan, and is equitable to many health plans. There simply has to be a proper and professional way for any CM to be able to establish how and when they may use that $7,000 annual company benefit without resorting to going online and asking the general public. That's all I was saying. :)

Thats fine and i understand that. But what i was trying to explain is that she knows how to look up black out dates but when she last looked they were not up yet so i came here because ive come here before to ask the community questions. I figured a disneyland or former castmember would have an idea of how last years dates were. Glad i have the official dates and that they are up on the site now

Californian Elitist

Thanks haha! Yes, I've been with Universal for a little over a year. I hope to be gone before Potter opens. Hell, I hope to be gone by the end of summer. NBCUniversal is a great company to work for, but I didn't go to college to work at USH for the rest of my life.

Disney should consider releasing the blackout calendar way earlier. I remember feeling annoyed having to wait for that thing to be released. It slowed some of my plans down sometimes.

TP2000

Thanks haha! Yes, I've been with Universal for a little over a year. I hope to be gone before Potter opens. Hell, I hope to be gone by the end of summer. NBCUniversal is a great company to work for, but I didn't go to college to work at USH for the rest of my life.

I haven't been to Universal Studios in years, but I've been watching all the construction recently via the photo blog over at Miceage. It looks like they are really remaking the entire park, and I imagine it's an exciting time to work there.

I'd like to see Potterland, but I'm just going to wait until at least Fall '15 before I attempt it due to the expected crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom