Anyone know what music plays on the bus to Pop Century?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
I remember reading that the buses in WDW now have little video screens or audio that play themes to where your going or soemthing. Did that ever work out as rumored?

If so.. can someone explain a little about what they show or what songs are used to the various places? Especially the Pop Century :) ty!

elizs77

I only know that the Magic Express buses have a little video and music for transportation to all hotels. I haven't heard anything about the internal buses.

I do remember being a bit disappointed in the video from the airport to WL, though. DS3 didn't care. Actually, I think he fell asleep.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
oh its just the magical express buses? ahh.. ok! I must have read a false rumor or misread it or something.. i thought I remembered the internal buses getting some type of audio or video thing.

ThumpersThought

oh its just the magical express buses? ahh.. ok! I must have read a false rumor or misread it or something.. i thought I remembered the internal buses getting some type of audio or video thing.

There are no video screens, but the Disney Transport buses do play music. The Pop Century sound track is the largest with almost two hours of music. It ranges from TV show theme songs to classic ads to Queen.

brkgnews

No, you're right... there is music on the internal buses. It's part of "Magic in Motion"

When you're headed to a park, BGM from that park plays. When you're headed to resorts, BGM from the resort plays.

The only thing from Pop I remember was Alvin and the Chipmunks "Witch Doctor"

elizs77

Well, lookie there!

I don't think we had any music on our 9/2006 WL trip. I just remember quiet. And long waits for the bus.

lilclerk

Well, lookie there!

I don't think we had any music on our 9/2006 WL trip. I just remember quiet. And long waits for the bus.
I think this started last summer-ish. I remember it being talked about on here after I got back last February.

WDWRLD

I cant remember any exact titles but it was like 60s, 70s, 80, and even 90s tv show themes amd songs. For some reason the Monkeys and Ghostbusters pop into my mind. The music to me was best on property although mabey I was just getting tired of the crickets at POR.

elizs77

Sounds good to me! Need something to Disney-fy the brains of our family! To my chagrin, DS's favorite is not the mouse but that yellow rectangular sea sponge that hangs out at that OTHER place in Orlando.

Must get off of the boards. This is what happens to me when DH works late.

WDWRLD

Sounds good to me! Need something to Disney-fy the brains of our family! To my chagrin, DS's favorite is not the mouse but that yellow rectangular sea sponge that hangs out at that OTHER place in Orlando.

Must get off of the boards. This is what happens to me when DH works late.

No there wasnt any songs about a Sponge or his pants but there was a couple songs that were clearly not Disney but were played....They were ones related to a park that someone said was located along I-4...one that I personally have never heard of.:lol:

Pioneer Hall

Each park and resort have their own themed music and announcements. It is really nice to have this on the buses now since every now and again you got the bus driver who told you that the all roller coaster park would be coming along any day now.

Kman101

Having stayed twice at Pop Century in a two month span (November & December 2007), I heard:

* "You're The One That I Want" from Grease
* "Witch Doctor" by Alvin and the Chipmunks
* "Star Wars Theme" (Disco Version)

I ALWAYS heard those three. I know there was at least one or two more I've heard but I can't place it right now.

There was also an Elvis track - but I can't remember which one! Ahh, that's gonna annoy me now till I remember it.

Ah, I've remembered it! It was 'Hound Dog':ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom