Anyone know what’s going on with Test Track?

vikescaper

The old pre-show looks incredibly dated, but its premise is ingrained in the ride itself. Hopefully in the ride’s next update, hopefully 2027-ish, they return some semblance of plot to it. If not, I will become a billionaire, and do it myself.
We all know that the next version will be Test Track presented by Cars. 😉

muddyrivers

The old pre-show looks incredibly dated, but its premise is ingrained in the ride itself. Hopefully in the ride’s next update, hopefully 2027-ish, they return some semblance of plot to it. If not, I will become a billionaire, and do it myself.
Really I think the only dated part is the vehicle used in the wall collision scene at the end. Other than that, I don't think there's too much that can be dated. Not to mention, it's not like the tests done in the original Test Track or mentioned in the queue/video are no longer done on new vehicles. I think the original Test Track was pretty timeless, maybe better video screens in the ride vehicles are needed. On the other hand, you could easily put up screens within the ride showing the same information.

Centauri Space Station

Really I think the only dated part is the vehicle used in the wall collision scene at the end. Other than that, I don't think there's too much that can be dated. Not to mention, it's not like the tests done in the original Test Track or mentioned in the queue/video are no longer done on new vehicles. I think the original Test Track was pretty timeless, maybe better video screens in the ride vehicles are needed. On the other hand, you could easily put up screens within the ride showing the same information.
The cars in the preshow video were extremely dated, I thought this by 2011 before they refurbed. It would look even worse today.

No Name

1655923722466.jpeg

The workstation buttons, the computer graphics, the shirts, not to mention the general video quality, are very dated. It’s hard to find anything in this that would be an acceptable representation of GM/Chevrolet in 2022. But yes the concept is pretty timeless.

dennis-in-ct

If you report that the "zapping" isn't working on your link chair on FoP, are they supposed to give you a re-ride? I've had that happen a few times. The one time I told a CM they didn't seem to care much and I doubt they even reported it based upon their reaction. I told them the chair number.
what exactly is the "zapping"? a vibration?

J4546

Itd be cool if they tore TT down and redid it more like RSR but bigger with caverns and hills and craters, made to feel like a lunar rover on the moon or mars. would require a massive building to house it of course.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
To my shock, the doors on the launch actually worked on my recent trip a couple of weeks ago. I havent seen them work in years.

fgmnt

The cars in the preshow video were extremely dated, I thought this by 2011 before they refurbed. It would look even worse today.
the preshow of TT 1.0 was dated by 2006 or 7 but the concept really held up. The entirety of TT 1.1 felt dated in like, 2015. I really am interested to see if General Motors is interested in maintaining a pavilion sponsorship without a significant change when it comes time to re-up.

TwilightZone

How much work does the ride system need? Would it be less expensive to tear it down and rebuild it again than to fix it? Any insiders "in the know" about the current state of TT?

J4546

yeah, then retheme play pavilion to something outerspace themed, possibly a planetarium or imax theater, rename the world of discovery to something like world of space, or out of this world.

ps I like outer space, id be down with an entire wing of a park themed to outer space stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom